Best Profiles for Death Metal

• I assume that a few here who know me, also know that I´m a huge deathmetal head and always on the lookout for great death metal rigs. And now that I have a fine selection of great rigs I wanted to share that list with everyone that is intrested and maybe all those new guys that come into this forum, love death metal and are smart enough to type in "death metal" into the search bar in hope of finding exactly such a thread.

Contributions are always welcome! I will try to keep the list updated with my personal experience and findings.

Guitar Rigs

• Framus Cobra Pack - G1 Productions
    • 5153 Rigs - Fraenggers
    • LW A-BOG Green xtc LP$$ pack - Andy (he posted a download link somewhere here)
    • Mago - 6505+ Red profiles (2) - Marco Cudan
    • Mago - EVH Red03 - Marco Cudan
    • Peavy 6505 pack - Kosten/Vihreff
    • Powerball pack - Kosten/Vihreff
    • Metal Pack 1 - SinMix
    • EVH 5150 III Pack - Stymphalian Productions
    • Jay EVH5150 Red 1 - James Stephenson (Stymphalian Productions)
    • Jay EVH5150 Red 2 - James Stephenson (Stymphalian Productions)
    • Randall RG1503 CH2 + 8 - Lasse Lammert
    • DiezelVH4CH3 Stil - Lasse Lammert
    • Bombed - Lasse Lammert
    • ChugChug - Lasse Lammert
    • Mean Bastard - Lasse Lammert
    • Surgery - Lasse Lammert
    • Chain of Damnation - Lasse Lammert
    • ENGL Pack - Jevo
    • Death Metal Pack - Nakedzen
    • Triple X pack - Sonic Underground Productions
    • KM Thrash - Keith Merrow (from his rig pack)
    • FBall 15+16 - HELL-G
    • Peavy Rockmaster #2 - Thumas
    • 5150 II/ 5150 III Metal Pack - Stymphalian Productions
    • Thrash Pack - Stymphalian Productions
    • 5150 - Marc
    • SinMix MetalPack 2
    • Arthur D Dual Recto pack
    • Origin Audio - Amp Bundle
    • Stymphalian Productions - 5150 II Metal Profile Pack
    • ENGL Fireball Pack - ArthurD
    • Every Metal related pack from SinMix
    • Mesa DR pack - stymphalian Productions
    • Earforce Custom Ch. 2 - Mao
    • Various Rigs from the Keith Merrow Rig pack
    • EVH 5150 III - Hour of Penance
    • Powerball 2 - Hour of Penance
    • Every GRS Metal Profile!
    • Factory Content - Dual Boogie Modern
    • Fortress Profile - Kosten
    • 5152 Profile - Kosten (in a thread in "free profiles" he linked a video with the link to the profile)
    • 6505 Profile - Kosten (same as with the 5152 profile)
    • All the HEARSE metal profiles (RE)
    • Everything from Stymphalian Productions, SinMix, Origin Audio, GRS, LL, Kosten, G1 Productions
    • 5153 + 6534+ Packs from ToneHammer
    • SoundLab 5150 Red Channel Pack
    • ILM DzlHerbert CH3-4 - Juanma Blanco
    • Basically every Ton(e)Hammer Pack of a high-gain amp
    • Ultimate Profile Bundle - Double Impact Productions/Mendel (Aborted)

Guitar Rigs (live shows)

• Sinmix DI pack

Bass Rigs

• SVT-Blueline Pack - Sonic Underground Productions
    • Bass Bundle Pack 1 - Sonic Underground Production
    • Darkglass B7K Pack - Stymphalian Productions

I hope this list might help some people to find what they are looking for a lot faster - however I still want to encourage everyone to try out as many rigs as possible!

• I'm a big deathmetalhead too!

Hannes pretty much nailed the best ones out there IMO.

The following is what I've been playing with lately:

SinMix- ALL! I have all of SinMix's profiles and love them. They're just perfect with little to no tweaking necessary. Even his "rock pack" can be used for really heavy stuff if you just bump up the gain a tad and do a few other small tweaks.

Fraeggner's 5153

Lothar's EVH rigs- find them here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezwm…20%2B%20Aurora%20Cabs.zip I believe I originally found these in a post on SS.org and they're great.

Stymphalian EVH and Marshall 8100 packs

"CHRIS's" Engl Savage profiles (found on RE)

HELL-G's JCM800 KK profiles

TAF- 6505 pack and the new ENGL bundle (just killer!)

I like some of Ola's, Till's, and Lasse's profiles too but lately I haven't been using them much

I also like some of Nakedzen's "tone match" profiles that he just uploaded. They sound really nice and are great when I want to jam to a particular band's tunes. Usually I don't like tone match profiles but these just work!

• Very nice to have a fellow deathmetal fanatic here!
    I´m very tempted to buy TAF´s ENGL pack! I tried Lothars EVH pack but IIRC I wasn´t too happy with it. Still gottta get over Stymphalian Productions EVH 5153 pack. The Red Channel profile for rythm is just mindblowingly awesome. If you use that one to play some necrophagist tunes you´ll be amazed by how incredibly killer it sounds!

• I'm still a Kemper neophyte working my way through the rigs. I think I've downloaded and messed around with most of these already. (Thank you nakedzen, yours are very fun to jam with!)

I also bought the Stymphalian EVH pack, and the Red profile is as great as Hannes said. I'm using it to do some reamp testing for my next project, and it does sound great. Minimal tweaking at my end too, which is always a plus.

Just a quick aside, pardon if this is too much of a newb comment, but lately I've been adding 0.1 to 0.2 of the direct signal into the tone. I find it's giving a bit more clarity of the notes while still having a lot of gain for my playing than the "pick" or other similar adjustments. YMMV.

• Just a quick aside, pardon if this is too much of a newb comment, but lately I've been adding 0.1 to 0.2 of the direct signal into the tone. I find it's giving a bit more clarity of the notes while still having a lot of gain for my playing than the "pick" or other similar adjustments. YMMV.

Thats a great way to get some clarity for the more techy stuff - especially if your wet tone is thick and has a lot of mids!

• I don´t really get what you mean here? ?( :D

• ahhhhh alright. The thing is:
    1. The DI files are not death metal (these are the KSE-DI´s right?)
    2. Everyone has a different guitar and plays different styles. Making short clips of those profiles might throw some people off of profiles they might actually like

Everyone that likes death metal and wants to hear how these sound will definitly try them out anyway, so not really much sense making clips :D

• ahhhhh alright. The thing is:
    1. The DI files are not death metal (these are the KSE-DI´s right?)
    2. Everyone has a different guitar and plays different styles. Making short clips of those profiles might throw some people off of profiles they might actually like

Everyone that likes death metal and wants to hear how these sound will definitly try them out anyway, so not really much sense making clips :D

THIS IS COMPARISON BETWEEN REAL AMPS

https://soundcloud.com/seven-string-3

for me this is great starting point...

I have this multitracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJSKoX7IIg

Stay Metal!

• Sure, its a nice starting point - but as stated before - the DI files aren´t death metal, so they wouldn´t properly represent the sound we hope to get out of them. And it´s really pointless anyways to do a demo of the rigs I listed here because everyone should infact try them out by themselves to see if they like them - at least thats my policy. If someone wants to make demos for all these rigs - go ahead but personally I don´t think its necessary or usefull in this special case :)

• Sure, its a nice starting point - but as stated before - the DI files aren´t death metal, so they wouldn´t properly represent the sound we hope to get out of them. And it´s really pointless anyways to do a demo of the rigs I listed here because everyone should infact try them out by themselves to see if they like them - at least thats my policy. If someone wants to make demos for all these rigs - go ahead but personally I don´t think its necessary or usefull in this special case :)

or this multitracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJSKoX7IIg :thumbsup:
    Stay Metal!

• Hannes, i did 72 Profiles today. Engl Fireball and my trusty JCM2000 TSL100. I used different mics and micing techniques to experiment and learn something new. I had an SM57, a Beta57, a Neumann U87 and an MXL R144 ribbon mic.
    Some of them may suit your taste, distortion galore and a clarity that i haven't achieved until now. I'll start another thread and provide some more info later, need to re-tag and sort the new gems.

[Blocked Image: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/607/3b9f.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/845/hp5y.jpg]