Best Profiles for Death Metal

• I quite like the "ILM DzlHerbert CH3-4" by Juanma Blanco, works well at home, in the rehearsal room and on recordings...''

I really dig the "Corpse" sound I found here! Thanks for sharing! =o)

Jacob

• I quite like the "ILM DzlHerbert CH3-4" by Juanma Blanco, works well at home, in the rehearsal room and on recordings...''

I really dig the "Corpse" sound I found here! Thanks for sharing! =o)

Jacob

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion. I just added it!

• All the SinMix profiles and Keith Merrow profiles.The Lee Jackson modded Paul Gilbert 1974 Marshall by Top Jimi is excellent for Hard Rock/Metal.Black Stymphalian's 5150II/5150III pack.All killer no filler!

• For me personally there are no pickups out there that can beat the EMG81´s. I´ve tried a good amount of different ones - both actives and passives but the 81´s just KILL when it comes to death metal.

Emg 81 for me also,it slays for metal.....also,love the tone of the EMG 60 for solos in the higher register of my axe.liquid tone.....

Edited once, last by pikman ().

• What do you guys tend to prefer with EMGs vs. passive pickups?

I use only passives. My Ibanez has a pair of Bareknuckle Painkillers and my Fernandes has a pair of Black Winters. The Fernandes started out with a Zakk Wylde set, didn't like 'em.

• This thread's awesome. I was looking for some new profiles and found your list, ended up buying the Black Stymphalian Mark IV pack last night and it's insane!

Made a demo video if you guys want to check it out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMR8HmAbEjA

Fantastic video! Glad you found the list helpful!

• so far im loving the sinmix direct stuff. the rev f dual rectifier is deadly; super chunky and razor sharp with the right amount of chewy-ness. sludge studios complete bundle, pete's profiles (the fortin jvm, and the pittbull clx), and fastredpony's splawn ntiro are all incredible.

• great thread fellas!!! I have a ton of profiles to check out, this is for certain. I tried the free SinMix profiles, and im blown away. I'll be picking up the direct pack soon.

i

Glad you dig the stuff! There are so many fantastic profiles for death metal it's insane!

• I gotta mention for any one lucky to have a 9 string (i have the Agile, it has NO chug like the emg's and others) that the tonehammar 's Peavey 6505 MH Diezel 03 profile is one of the only settings so far that makes the 9 string sound like a heavy guitar (9 string played like a normal 6 string, not like tosin or other 9 strings)

Then i gotta give it up for Sinmixx' BASH amp settings, that amp like the 6505 seems like the only amps i have found so far that can make the top 3 string on the 9 scary. Try the 6505 and BASH if you have a 9 string (passive pick ups)

I cant stand that chug on other 9 strings , drives me crazy.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I am currently experimenting with shifted A-Tuning. Could someone maybe advise on some good highgain rigs which could help keeping the bass response tight and definition/attack clear but without getting nasally and not getting harsh?

I play 99% at rehearsal/live with 4x12 cab from Diezel equipped with v30 loudspeakers.
    My guitar is a 8 string Blackmachine equipped with Deathbar from Alumitone.

If anyone knows the album, the guitar sound on the actual Nile record is pretty much where I would aim to get to.

Thanks!

• Hannes thanks for posting Ultimate Profile Bundle - Double Impact Productions/Mendel (Aborted)
    did not know about these guys, will pick it up and give it a go...

if it matters, what i posted above is great for passive pick ups..i got a new loomis 7 string now with the EMG's i know
    the Stymphalian is meant for that . Sinn's and Dealight's stuff is great for passive (encase thats an issue)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hannes thanks for posting Ultimate Profile Bundle - Double Impact Productions/Mendel (Aborted)
    did not know about these guys, will pick it up and give it a go...

if it matters, what i posted above is great for passive pick ups..i got a new loomis 7 string now with the EMG's i know
    the Stymphalian is meant for that . Sinn's and Dealight's stuff is great for passive (encase thats an issue)

Ash

I think most metal profiles work great with EMGs or Blackouts simply because these are made to be aggressive. But good to hear that a lot of these work for passives aswell!

• Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know we've uploaded two free profiles from "The Ultimate Profile Bundle".
    First one is a profile of the Tiny Terror with mixed cabs (Bogner and Mesa). The second profile is a hybrit/mixed profile of a Sovtek Mig100H and a Marshall JCM800 2210.

You can download the profiles over here: https://drive.google.com/file/…kEU7uY2xQU25fUWRNdU0/view
    For info and samples check: http://www.kemperprofile.com

Greetings,
    Pieter, Double Impact Productions

• Hi,
    Profiles from my Death Metal Pack. Marshall JVM and Mesa DR with Boss HM-2.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!