Speaker suggestions for my Kemper

• I bought the LSR308s and finally took them out of the box to setup yesterday....man, they were monsters, looked absolutely ridiculous with my setup. Kinda like when you buy a big truck to make up for your small.....

Took them back and bought the 305s. Much better use of space for me. Haven't tried them yet though, that will be tonight's mission.

• JBL LSR305s are the bang for buck monitor now. Accurate, wide sweet spot (it has the same tweeter as the $10 000 flagship model), goes down to 43Hz flat, should fill your room without bloated fake bass.

Sweetwater has a special on for $225 pair atm if you are in the states.

Just for home use mind. :)

+1 for home studio monitor use. especially at the current price.

• I had a set of KRK Rokit 8's. They were a little bass heavy, but I didn't mind that. They sounded pretty good...

The Yamaha YS80's are a great option for the price. Very neutral sounding, IMO..

• I bought the LSR308s and finally took them out of the box to setup yesterday....man, they were monsters, looked absolutely ridiculous with my setup. Kinda like when you buy a big truck to make up for your small.....

Took them back and bought the 305s. Much better use of space for me. Haven't tried them yet though, that will be tonight's mission.

That's great news, I was in 2 minds whether I should have got the 308's instead. Once I set up the 305's though, I was pleasantly surprised how good music sounds through them, and at the bass response. I've got a huge full range monitor which fills out the sub end, but to be honest I don't use it most of the time, the bottom end is quite satisfying (try some Massive Attack or NIN on them :) ). Plus they are loud! I've set them for 84dB mixing and they are only at 1 o'çlock, they really pump. Just little monsters, I couldn't fit the 308's on my desk realistically anyway, so quite glad I saved the money. You should have no problem translating your profiles to your gig accurately now. :)