Did Rig Manager deleted my Favourites?

• Hi there!

All my favourites rigs have dissapeared after I updated my kemper and installed RM in my PC.

Any ideas? I am not quite sure what's the source of the problem, if RM or updating.

• Make sure your owner name is set correctly in both the Rig manager and the Kemper itself (System button > first page: Show tag button).

Favourites are tied to the owner name. When you mark a rig as a favourite, that's essentially all that happens: your owner name is entered into the "favourite" field of that specific rig's file.

The Kemper will only display those favourites where the owner name in that field corresponds to the owner name set in the Kemper's system menu. If for some reason you change the owner name setting in your Kemper afterwards, the favourites you added before won't show up anymore... because they're tied to the previous owner name. Change the Kemper's owner name setting back to what it was when you marked those rigs as favourites, and they'll reappear.

• If for some reason you change the owner name setting in your Kemper afterwards, the favourites you added before won't show up anymore

That's exactly what happened. Rig Manager asked if I wanted to match Kemper owner name with RM one.

Since RM is still in Beta, I'd suggest to include a message like "If you change your Kemper owner name, Favourites will be lost" to avoid confusions.

Thank you for your answers!

• I don't think the favorites are lost. If you go in RM preferences and change the name to the same as your KPA, they should show up again.

Whether or not a rig is displayed as a "favorite" is if the Favorite tag on a particular rig matches the KPA/Owner Name. So if you put a different name in RM as is on your KPA, then there would be no matches, and you would see no favorites in RM. But the tag value should not be overwritten. So once you change the name in RM, then RM will match and display them.