Stomp and Effects buttons can only be turned on and off with "ON/OFF" button now?

• I used to be able to turn individual stomps and effects on and off by simply pressing the appropriate button once. If I held it down, I would then be in edit mode for that button.

Now (and I only found out how to do this by accident....I found nothing about it in the update notes), I have to press stomp or effect button, then toggle on off with "ON/OFF" button. :(

This now takes additional steps. Multiply that by the number of effects you want to change on the spot and it's a pain in a live situation as well as at home.

Is there any way to get this back to the previous behavior of simply holding down the button to edit or tapping the knob for on and off behavior?

I am currently running the most recent PB 2.3.2.9418B

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Ok.....I've found how to fix this.....by accident, of course.

On Page 3 of the System menu is the User Interface page. If Direct Edit is selected, you get the behavior I described above.

If Direct Edit is de-selected, the behavior defaults back to being able to turn on and off the effects with one push.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me