need help setting up your Wah in the Profiler? do you own a rare Wah? let me know.

• I like to use white noise (file in first post), since it is a more consistent signal than any guitar playing.
    I match the heel and toe positions and then the reduction of resonance seemingly all wah pedals have in the high register. I mostly use my ears, but also use a spectrum analyser to confirm.

Yeah, whatthehell i'll give it a try this weekend!
    Yes resonance has to dip towards the opening of the filter to sound right i guess to not peak through like an ice pick (mental image of moog filter in head :-))

• How does the reduction of resonance relate to the parameters in the wah stomp, out of interest? Which values are you tweaking? Love this thread! :)

resonance = peak
    the Peak Range parameter determines how the Q of the bandpass filter changes between heel and toe.
    generally you want a negative value here for traditional wah sounds (the bandpass filter becomes broader towards the toe position).

• Another interesting Wah effect would be the one used by Clutch during the song "Unto the Breach." I am sure it is a type of Auto Wah but it has a well defined pulse. Great effect that could be used in place of jack hammering your foot on the Wah pedal.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• A "Tempo Wah" could be musically useful.....

I was thinking that same thing earlier today as I was toying around with the Muton Wah someone kindly posted (I forget whom). It uses Touch Wah which would be great to set with a Tap Tempo type of thing on the fly. Asking a lot admittedly...

Gary ô¿ô

• Could this be done for the Dunlop Bass Wah or would the different range on it not be possible? A friend of mine has one I'm pretty sure I could get a hand off to run the files through and I've been having trouble nailing a good wah for bass anyway.

• I am wondering about a setting for this type of Wah use.

I do not use my WAH in a traditional sense of creating that "Wah Wah" sound; I simply use it as a tone pot for my leads. Much like a cocked Wah, however I do not leave it one place. I never liked the idea of constantly turning a tone pot for different tones during a lead, so I choose to simply adjust my WAH pedal for what tone I like during that section. It follows for multiple tones during one lead.

This is the reason I liked the Cantrell WAH so much, because it pushed the darker side of a tone pot. I wonder what settings would look like for a the KPA WAH to function like a tone pot?

Granted a guitars tone pot goes darker in tone rather than brighter, but with it being used on a WAH pedal you could have s slightly bright range than a guitar tone pot, but not in the range of sizzling extreme sounds.

ANy thoughts would be appreciated.

• I choose to simply adjust my WAH pedal for what tone I like

I personally wouldn't go that way - I'd use the morph function and have your heel and toe positions saved at the extremes of the tonal range that you seek by adjusting the main EQ's. That would seem like a simpler solution imho.

Gary ô¿ô

• I understand the use of the morph function, but not really what I was wanting to use. I think if I adjust the settings on the WAH I could get it to function more in the way I would like. I use the CAE default as it is darker, so maybe just taking the peak range down and isolating the vowel frequencies I want would work best.

• Hey guys I use a 535Q and love the sound, my settings are range in the 3rd position from the top with the gain and Q turned all the way up, is there anyone that can help me with the setting for my kemper.
    Thanks

• Various sets of settings are being shared in the thread, mauruiz. You can copy them and store them as text files, as I do. Dial the parameters into your Kemper when you see a model you like. I don't remember seeing a Vox set of settings yet, but there might be one or two.

Hey man, welcome to the forum!

------------------------------------
    Kemper Wah-settings List
    ------------------------------------

• Various sets of settings are being shared in the thread, mauruiz. You can copy them and store them as text files, as I do. Dial the parameters into your Kemper when you see a model you like. I don't remember seeing a Vox set of settings yet, but there…

Thanks!!!! :D

I'll keep looking for a VOX settings, if I find, I'll post them here too 8)