Introducing Top Jimi Profiles

• Dear Jimi,
    Registration on your site is possible only for USA states , or I am missing something ?
    If yes, I apologize, if not , you might like to consider there is a world out of usa 8o
    ....and lots of Kemper users too.
    Cheers,
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• no problem from France via Paypal ;)

no problem to pay, but only USA citizens can register and get discount , I suppose.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• On your website:

1) Can't hear any sound to the soundcloud for the '63 Gibson
    2) The Soundcloud link to your 1960's Sano is actually for the 1978 50W Master

Great clips, will try out profiles soon...

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• Ok, it's not often I feel I got my money's worth, but these profiles hit the spot.

My only question is on the distortion profiles, do you normalize them? They seem low compared to the loudness of the clean patches, but when I turn up the volume, OMG they chunk and growl and I was lost there playing them for a while.

I really like them all. The Dual Bandman has a presence all around that is like I'm in the guitar store playing them. The Sano patch 9 has got a whole lotta love.

You really spent a LOT of time working on these and getting them to sound great. You've given a good tonal variety. And these profiles tweak really well. I'm dialing back and up on the gain and having loads of fun hearing how natural it all sounds.

You're choice in reverb is excellent and I like some of the "b" chorus profiles a lot as well.

In short, I'm really happy in a way I haven't been buying profiles these last 6 months. Thought I was getting diminishing returns, but you've injected some much needed great profiles, thank you!

• Thank you db9091! I really appreciate the feedback and the kind words.

I haven't put any compression on the clean patches in order to leave that to the end user to add and adjust to their tastes. Thus, the perceived volume is highly dependent on the player's individual picking attack. The distorted patches are naturally compressed, so the volume is pretty constant regardless of playing style.

So, I just set them to what worked for me and will let you all adjust the volumes as you see fit. :)

Jimi

• Yeah, I know there were some complaints about hi-gain causing problems browsing when you have "Auto" load set and folks asking for normalizing on the Kemper.

Since volume differences affect how sound is perceived, you really need to make sure your levels are what you want for most profiles you test before judging them I've found, especially with the Rig Exchange.

Normally if I go through 120+ profiles, I can easily compare and cut, cut, cut and choose a few really good ones to keep so I can keep a manageable amount of profiles on my Kemper, but I have trouble doing that with yours since I was having so much fun playing them! The high number of keepers is rare in commercial profile land.

If you are going to put your good foot forward in commercial profiling, this is how you do it.

• These are knocking a lot of Marshall and modded Marshall profiles out of my Kemper, they are really great.

• Everything Lee Jackson ever toutched are pure bliss. Especially his oldest Fender and Marshall mods, your profiles really justifies it. LJ Marshall 1 is Slashes tone right there. And use a harsher mic and guitae and it is paul gilbert :)

• Wow those demos sound killer and what an awesome collection of amps !!! I hope you'll pass a link for a freebie for testing purposes ?

Sad sorry but happy ending for Mr Gilbert's stolen Marshall, he will soon get it back once he got a KPA , an so do we ;)