Introducing Top Jimi Profiles

• Fantastic profiles, highly recommended. Great represantation of the '68 flavour. Those were hotter and brighter than '67 JMPs and these profiles reflect that exactly. These profiles compliment Ampfactory's Marshalls very well. Andy has the earlier lower gain Marshalls from '66 and '67 and Jimi has the gainier and brighter '68.

As usual I hate the cabs with V30s (I never like those speakers), but fortunately there are also fantastic Greenback 25 Watt cabs in there.

Jimi can you share some details about the cabs? That Greenback cab sounds fantastic and I would like to know which year it is. I'm a sucker for old Marshall cabs.

• hmhm.. since I read many positive reviews I decided to try also some of these profiles.. bought Laney (because I love Laney´s clean sound) and 2 Marshall´s.. incredible sound.. I like very much also Marshall´s clean sounds but Laney is simply incredible.. :thumbup:

do not like TS profiles at the moment (usually like TS)..

excellent work, thansk a lot!

ps: we continue our journey with KEMPER.. KEMPER is the real paradise on earth!! I do not believe that honeymoon will ever pass ;)

• Fantastic profiles, just so real, exciting and touch sensitive. Wow !

Maybe the best Marshall profiles so far .

The bar is raised again , definitely .

Is this about amp's quality or profiling process or microphone business I don't know, but I know all of this Kemper thing get a new meaning after Jimi;s profiles.

One question for Jimi .
    I find you set the amp definition on max, 100% , for lots of high gain profiles , with clarity set on zero.
    Why?
    I had to tweak amp definition down to 50% and clarity up to 30 % , to get my guitars shining !

Cheers.
    Zoran

I

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Garrincha, thank you for the kind words. I have two old Marshall cabs, one with Greenbacks and one with V30s. Unfortunately the Greenbacks are not the originals (they were gone when I got the cab) but they are the next-best thing -- the Made in England reissues with the 6402 codes.

Jimi

• Rescator, thank you! I didn't mess with the clarity and definition after the profiling process. I left the profiles as "organic" and untouched as possible. With the exception of some EQ on a few of the profiles, they sound exactly as they did when captured in the profiling process (the original amp tone). That way, you guys can tweak them as you see fit or just use the original amp tone.

Jimi

• I've spent 4 hours trying those profiles yesterday evening and I'm more than happy !

SL68 and Dual Showman are my favorite ones, but all the profiles are amazing, at least 75% of them are usable for me.

Good job Jimi, let's do the same for the AC30 :thumbup:

Edited once, last by reversed ().

• Rescator, thank you! I didn't mess with the clarity and definition after the profiling process. I left the profiles as "organic" and untouched as possible. With the exception of some EQ on a few of the profiles, they sound exactly as they did when captured in the profiling process (the original amp tone). That way, you guys can tweak them as you see fit or just use the original amp tone.

Jimi

Hi Jimi,
    That's strange , because majority of profiles had definition set on 100% .
    If you didn't messed with it, must be some kind of Kemper bug ???
    Anyway, I tweaked to mu liking , and they sound stunning.

• Jimi Hi Jimi,
    That's strange , because majority of profiles had definition set on 100% .
    If you didn't messed with it, must be some kind of Kemper bug ???
    Anyway, I tweaked to mu liking , and they sound stunning.

Quoted from "Jimi71" Rescator, thank you! I didn't mess with the clarity and definition after the profiling process. I left the profiles as "organic" and untouched as possible. With the exception of some EQ on a few of the profiles, they sound exactly as they did when captured in the profiling process (the original amp tone). That way, you guys can tweak them as you see fit or just use the original amp tone.

Mine are showing up with Definition on 10 and Clarity 0 as well (I have the Lee Jackson Marshall and Laney profiles). I'd be interested to know what they load with on Jimi's Kemper?

• As for the Definiton parameter, it is set by the Kemper during the profiling process. The Kemper sets the definition to a setting that it thinks sounds most like the original amp. I assume the Clarity parameter is the same way.....? I just left it as the Kemper originally set it.

This is one of the great things about the Kemper. You have the tools to shape each amp in a seemingly endless number of ways.

Jimi

• So they're Definition 10 and Clarity 0 on your Kemper as well? I understand that you left them as is, but am wondering if they're showing up on my Kemper as something other than what you had them because of something particular to my Kemper. Thanks.

• [quote='Rescator','index.php?page=Thread&postID=134223#post134223']

Is this about amp's quality or profiling process or microphone business I don't know, but I know all of this Kemper thing get a new meaning after Jimi;s profiles.

+1 :)

• Yes, the Definition = 10 and Clarity = 0 on my Kemper.

Jimi

Thanks for the info. I scrolled through some of my other profiles and that seems to be the norm more often than not. Just never paid attention to those settings before. Thanks again for these great profiles.

• Hmm.... I think I've learned new thing here-Kemper it self define definition parameter through profiling process , to get the profile as closer to the original amp sound ! Amazing !

Edited once, last by Rescator ().