Introducing Top Jimi Profiles

• I get what the poster was saying about the " old school" vibe. Kind of
    Hard to explain, most of them have huge midrange but the not the high end some may prefer. For instance the 68 Marshall is absolutely fantastic, NO DOUBT. But it doesn't have the high end ( atleast the profile doesn't) of the the Plexi that we know. It seems almost there is a low pass somewhere up top, no idea. I personally feel it's fine, but having both would be absolutely fantastic. I'm sure it's a mic technique you are using I assume, and whatever you are doing is fantastic ( seriously, some of my favs) but some more that are more in your face and direct with some of that extra top end wouldn't be bad to have either!

• Hey guys,

just to clarify any misunderstanding as I might have been a bit vague in my post and vesmedic got me right. I'd love to see those brighter profiles added to the usual style of profiles Jimi creates. In no way I think he should stop doing profiles the way he did them so far.
    My point is if there would be a few additional rigs that are being profiled brighter, it would increase the range of genres you can use them for and beecause I think that Jimi did some amazing work, I'm pretty sure those profiles would turn out great. :)

• Hey guys,

just to clarify any misunderstanding as I might have been a bit vague in my post and vesmedic got me right. I'd love to see those brighter profiles added to the usual style of profiles Jimi creates. In no way I think he should stop doing profiles the way he did them so far.
    My point is if there would be a few additional rigs that are being profiled brighter, it would increase the range of genres you can use them for and beecause I think that Jimi did some amazing work, I'm pretty sure those profiles would turn out great. :)

Have you played with the new CAB parameters under the new 2.4.0? Curious if you can't manipulate them to seem brighter to you, the 2 parameters offer a LOT of sonic tone alteration. More than any parameter on the KPA before IMO and still sound really good.

• Have you played with the new CAB parameters under the new 2.4.0? Curious if you can't manipulate them to seem brighter to you, the 2 parameters offer a LOT of sonic tone alteration. More than any parameter on the KPA before IMO and still sound really good.

I'll give this a try as well. Honestly I'm still on 1.8 and have had no reason to update but I'm curious to try the new cab parameters. How different are they compared to in the past?

• Have you played with the new CAB parameters under the new 2.4.0? Curious if you can't manipulate them to seem brighter to you, the 2 parameters offer a LOT of sonic tone alteration. More than any parameter on the KPA before IMO and still sound really good.

Yes, I know how to tweak them to my liking but havent tried the new cab function yet though. But here's the thing if you can get it "right" or let's say the way you want it at the source, you'll usually be better off then tweaking the shit out of it and trying to add something that's not there in the first place ;)

I'll spend some more time listening to more modern guitar tones and see if I can incorporate more of that sound into some future profiles (in addition to what I'm currently doing). Again, thanks for the feedback.

that would be a great additional flavor to your amazing profiles :) thanks for considering doing it! :)

• Here is my VAN HALEN TONE from Master profiler"TOPJIMI" =Marshall Super lead 68...what you Think .?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here is my VAN HALEN TONE from Master profiler"TOPJIMI" =Marshall Super lead 68...what you Think .?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds great man!

• Ok, here's my impressions- profiles are very good but playing on headphones I can't obtain such juicy and organic sound you've created- why is that so? I've got a couple of different guitars, gibsons, carvins, warmoth, musicman. Any of them directly to KPA playing thru headphones lack that juicyness. That gets a lot better when using tube poweramp + regular cab. Cheers! Thanks Jimi again!

• The only difference I can think of would be the guitars used. I have Fralin Pure PAFs in my Les Paul and a Fralin in the bridge of my Strat. The neck and middle pickups of the Strat are the stock Custom Shop pickups. The Charvel has an EVH Frankenstein pickup. I've used a lot of pickups over the years, and I've settled on these as my faves.

Can you further describe the "juicy and organic" sound you're lacking?

-Jimi