THD Univalve profiles up

• Sweet! Will give these a crack after work for sure. I have a THD bivalve and a Flexi-50 (and thus a huge box of various tubes) that are cool, but I suck at profiling. Maybe the uni profiles will inspire me to work a bit harder at capturing them.

Ive liked many of your proflies in the past so im looking forward to giving these a spin!

• I really love the Univalve, had one years ago and couldn't really justify keeping it at the time - no fx loop, one channel, lower powered amp... but the sweet thing about the Kemper is that I can use the tonality of the Univalve into the Kemper and make it a lot more useful, if that makes sense. The THD stuff always had a classic tone without sounding too much like any other amp. I think it's the design of the amps, they are very unique in my opinion. The Univalve has a wide variety of tones too, depending on what tubes you feed it.

If you ever have any questions about profiling, feel free to shoot me an email. Be glad to help.

Sweet! Will give these a crack after work for sure. I have a THD bivalve and a Flexi-50 (and thus a huge box of various tubes) that are cool, but I suck at profiling. Maybe the uni profiles will inspire me to work a bit harder at capturing them.

Ive liked many of your proflies in the past so im looking forward to giving these a spin!

• After playing for a few hours I really like the mid to high gain profiles with the humble sm57. For cleaner profiles, my favorites are the ribbon or the 77 (depending on the guitar).

The response is very true to how I remember the Univalve I used for awhile. It's a unique tone that I really like. It's best characteristic transfers fantastically in the profiles - the amps clean up with the guitar volume. One of all the THD's amp models best aspects imo.

I like the way you organize your packs. Sorting the "Last Imported" by gain makes it really obvious which mic's work for your guitar/style/rig at any gain stage. Took 2hrs of (enjoyable) playing and tinkering, but by doing this I was able to cull the 40+ included profiles down to 9 and promptly tagged those as favorites. I'm trying to keep my total profiles to some reasonable # these days!

Is a very well profiled THD Univalve (with an impressively varied mic selection) worth $10? .. .. Hell yes! :)

Very well done Okstrat!

• Thanks for the kind words. I really like it when someone who has owned the profiled amp affirms that the profiles are like the original. There are a lot of things you can do to a profile to make it different/better (I say different/better because most people for example like the sound of sucked mids on a guitar tone, or boosted/hyped low and high end). Some profilers have EQs or boosts turned on all the time to get the amp tone.

Nothing wrong with that. But my personal preference is to leave all that off the table and get the truest experience I can get of the amp being profiled with no other eq/overdrive/whatever. When you get one of my amp profiles, that's what the amp sounded like through that mic and cab at that time with no tweaks. I do have some with a boost in slot A for more gain, but it's not there to complete the sound of the amp - just add to it afterwards if you like. I generally have a EQ in slot X, because I use many of my profiles live and it gives a nice volume boost to cut through for solos. But if you turn all the fx off, it's a true representation of the amp.

I see it as a "Here's what a Univalve with a 6L6 sounds like through a '72 Marshall cab - as an *archive* of that cool amp" versus "Here's a cool profile with a univalve that I sculpted with EQs and a boost."

Anyways, glad you dug it, going to do some more later with different cabs and also different power tubes. I have an EL84 yellowjacket adapter, some NOS 6V6s, a NOS 6K6 (!) and even some telefunken and real mullard preamp tubes. A Real USA TungSol 5881 from the 50s, etc... It's funny how a simple little amp like a Univalve can yield so many cool profiles. :)