uno 4 kpa v1.3

• UnO for Kemper firmware version history
    =======================================

v.1.3 (28/02/2014)
    ------------------
    -> Press switches 1+2 during startup to activate stomp config mode (this avoids interference between stomp config activation and beat scanner activation)
    -> Support for beat scanner activation by keeping the tempo switch pressed (this needed a change in transmitted MIDI messages)
    -> Support for "performance pre-selection". In this mode, while browsing through performances their index is displayed on the FCB1010 display and
    the slot LEDs are blinking. Only after clicking a slot switch the performance is activated. When clicking no slot switch within a certain time,
    the previously active performance and slot are activated again.

http://www.uno4kemper.com/UnOforKemper_RN.txt

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Ordered. Did I read something a few weeks ago about a one midi cable solution upcoming for the U4K, or did I imagine it?

No, eproms are, in a way, hardware.
    It's only 16.- Euro though and, as Xavier said, it is rather unlikely there will be any further updates necessary.

I have an EPROM programmer... I wish I can download the new code and program it by myself as I did with the UnO Firmware, but I didn't find any contact link to ask.
    IMHO to pay for every new version (this is the fourth) the same amount of a new user it's not very fair...

I hope this is the last one, I'll wait few weeks to be sure :)

• Brought mine Wednesday haven't recieved a tracking number yet Vjclaus ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i´m not a dealer only a kpa user :thumbup:

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I'm just thankful that some has developed an easy solution for a footswitch to properly work with it. Real excited about this!

Just wondering the timeline as to when he ships these out? Probably has a lot of chip burning and testing to do!

• No I choose the tracked shipping option and when I ordered my first version I got a tracking number quite soon after the order ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he missed to send the tracking info.

Seems like Xavier is busy programming eproms and sending them to us :D

• I have an EPROM programmer... I wish I can download the new code and program it by myself as I did with the UnO Firmware, but I didn't find any contact link to ask.
    IMHO to pay for every new version (this is the fourth) the same amount of a new user it's not very fair...

I hope this is the last one, I'll wait few weeks to be sure :)

There was a comment (on here or the site, cannot remember) that downloading a firmware was not economical due to difficulty and needing the extra hardware or something of the sort. But I agree with you that I would pick up a programmer too if I could get the firmware for a fair price like 5 USD as the programmer is paid for in about 1.5 new chips to buy.

Given the extensive feature release of the KPA, this just makes sense to me that there will be more revisions needed for sure to keep up in the future. So the question is not really "is this the last ROM that I will need" it is "is this the last ROM I will need before the KPA footswitch is released (if someone was planning on making that switch).

That being said, the price of the chip is reasonable and I am glad to have these releases regardless, but if there was the option of just getting the firmware I would jump on that.

• Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining at all!
    I just think that would be fairer to apply a discount (or give a download link) to customers that already bought the chip.
    But it's only my opinion... I'm still waiting for the official footswitch that, I'm sure, will cost me more than 16 euros :)