Alternative Input

• Hi guys!
    I Have a very simple question, I own a kemper power rack and a line 6 relay G90.
    The input of the line 6 relay G90 is on the rear panel and so my question is: can I go with my cable from the G90 to the Kemper's Alternative Input (Kemper's alternative input is located on the rear panel), are there differences between the standard input and the alternative input?

Hope you can help me. :)

• Yes and yes. You can change the input to the alt input on the "input" menu. It works fine, but the alt input is more noisy than the front input for some reason. I use it in the way you're describing though and it works ok.

Yes and yes. You can change the input to the alt input on the "input" menu. It works fine, but the alt input is more noisy than the front input for some reason. I use it in the way you're describing though and it works ok.

Thank you so much man for your istant reply! So "more noisy"....can I have problems with high gain?

• I've got the same receiver, and yes you can use the alt input, but it is awfully noisy. I've put my KPA head with the G90 in a rack and used a cable with an angled plug to connect to the front jack instead.

[Blocked Image: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/kparackk67el2czq4.jpg]

The KPA sits on top of the wireless-receiver because with a minimal backline it is a struggle to place the rack high enough from the floor to be able to operate the thing easily. Every inch counts.

• Can someone tell me how to connect to the Alternative input so that I can jam along to music?

(My kemper main outs go to my interface - which go to my monitors... Now I have to choose between hearing the Kemper or hearing music currently (or I can have 1 monitor KPA, 1 monitor music) ...how do I hook up to the alternate in so that I can have both?)

(sorry my brain is fried - this is probably the easiest thing! The manual states " *special cable required (mini stereo jack – 2x TS) "

but I don't have that particular cable and would like to avoid purchasing it! Furthermore I won't be using an mp3 - it will be my interface - is it as simple as 2 x TS-TS leads (OUT from interface to 'return in' & 'alternate in' on the KPA?!)

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• From what I read it should work just fine, you just plug your audio into the 1/4" jack and it works fine. Not sure about your interface but you'll probably need an adapter to make it 1/4". Can't remember why I never bothered trying the Alt Input. I connect my Kemper out to one side of a 1/8" Y adapter, the audio goes to the other side and from there it all goes to my monitor or headphones.

• Cheers. My interface is the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 ... So I've gone outputs 5 & 6 from the interface to 'aternate input' & 'return input' respectively... Though no sound still - is there something I need to set on the 'OUTPUT' stage of the Kemper?

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• You need to specify which Input you want to use in the profiler's system menu.

I read somewhere that that was if you wanted to plug (essentially) your guitar in via the rear of the profiler (eg. If in a rack-based setup...)

(For now, my guitar will still be plugged in to the normal (front) input...) This is to have (effectively) the mp3 setup as pictured in the 'Basic/Startup' guide....

Does it require activation of some sort?

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• From the Reference Manual:

Auxiliary Input
    The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as a mp3-player, into your Profiler to play along with it. In the Output/Master menu, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with two controls: one to feed the aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUTS as well as S/PDIF OUT, and another to feed it to the MONITOR and HEADPHONE OUTPUT. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE OUTPUT, while the MAIN OUTPUT stays unaffected. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by any internal effects.
    You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks. Plug the left jack into the RETURN INPUT and the right jack into the ALTERNATIVE INPUT. Use the "Aux In …" soft knobs to adjust the level.
    While you have an effects loop active in your Rig, or you are in Profiler Mode, the Auxiliary Input cannot be used, since the physical inputs are needed for a different purpose.
    Please do not forget to turn down Auxiliary Input volumes when you are not using it, to prevent unwanted hum and noise.

I have used this process to play along to backing tracks on my MP3 player (iPhone) many times, and it works as advertised. Let me know if you need more details.

• Nice one, thanks!

Finding it a bit difficult to find specific things in the ref. manual ... But this has worked, so I did have everything routed correctly

SORTED :)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Can anyone provide a speedy response to this .... ?! :

Have music via my interface going to the KPA ALTERNATIVE IN & RETURN IN (stereo mp3) so that I can play along with tracks....

My problem is I now want to record in my DAW (whilst still hearing the music...) and I don't have enough time to sit here and think it all through...!

On the output page, anything I select for MAIN OUTPUT always has the music with it as well (just trying to record gtr + processing whilst hearing the music)

I thought using SPDIF as master stereo would allow the music through (+gtr) and then setting Main Output to Gtr+Processing would just capture that - but the music is still along with it even though it says just 'Git+Processing' :/

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• You Probably have your answer by now. How ever go to page 6 of the output button you have a AUX mix feature adjust the mix of whatever output. e.g.. 0.0 in main outs (for recording) if you have monitors connected to the Kemper you could add AUX mix to them or Headphones. I have been running a backing track or click track from a DAW and mixing that to my headphones while I record the main out.