Gig with Kemper

• This sounds so familiar! I bought expensive cables for my huge pedalboard only to have inconsistent connections everywhere- ugggh
    The Kemper and FCB destroys all of that in terms of reliability as well as tones

+2

I use the same combo with great results. I play live with my KPA as well. Uno4Kemper for my midi footswitch needs. I go direct to FOH through the master outs and my Atomic CLR powered wedge through the direct out. Couldn't be happier!

• I've gigged mine several times now. I get nothing but compliments from audience members, other guitarists and sound guys on how it sounds. Soooo much better than lugging an 85 pound Mesa combo and pedalboard around.

• I've played 6 gigs so far with my kemper and have never been happier.

Guitar - KPA Powerhead - Egnater rebel 112 80w cab.

Audience and band members alike are forever complimenting the tone. And being a covers band I get to play with a vast array of tones which makes the KPA even more fun!

• thanks michaelmellner, I'm carrying the guitar onboard with a soft case too.. so I guess I'll just check my bag and carry a soft case for the KPA.. I've got a Temba bag that I use for local travel... super padded, really awesome with pockets to carry cables and foot pedals..

Was tempted to pack it in my carry on suitcase and just carry less clothes.. but hey..

yes, some airline companies are strict about what you can carry in the cabin. for example, Ryanair let you carry just 1 piece inside and the reminder has to be checked in thus paid.

standard Airlines are instead fine because you can check in the suitcase but bring special pieces on board, like music instrument. so in this case the guitar is not considered a hand luggage but a special piece. instead the kpa with soft bag is considered a hand luggage.

last time I had to go to do a clinic, I had to fly with Ryanair which warns that a guitar can be brought aboard after having paid a fee very close to a seat ticket. so couldn't bring other than a suitcase for clothes and had to get instruments from a local backliner.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I can report only positive things about gigging with Kemper Powerhead. I started to use it live (after recording, home, rehearsal) few weeks ago and it works extremely well. I am going direct to FOH and use Matrix NL12 for stage monitoring. Controlled with Liquid Foot 12+.

Yesterday night, the tech of the venue saw/heard the Kemper for the first time – he did not know anything about it.
    After the show – yes, this is one of this stories – he meant that this was the best sound (ok, perhaps he meant one of the best sounds) he heard, it sounded clear, full and fat, with good bottom end. Then he meant he had experience with the frac... but Kemper sounds for him way better. Of course, the reason could be the profiles I use, but a great portion IMHO is that is very easy to achieve a good sound with Kemper. He was surprised how big NL12 sounds too.

So, that is only one opinion from one tech, but it is a nice one and gave me some safety and confidence how to choose (I do not tweak a lot) the profiles.
    Especially because we had a excellent sound as a band, so it seems he understands his job.
    This profiles I find first at home with the headphones – I was looking for clear, not boomy/bassy profiles they sit good in the mix – and than tested them recorded (we record the rehearsal with Zoom R16), at the rehearsal through NL12 and some other normal guitar cabs.

The profiles that I use (we play some sort of hardrock/metal/punk):
    - clean: some factory fender clean + chorus + delay + reverb
    - main rhythm sound (70% of the time for sure): factory Tills JVM 2 Mics 2
    - lead sound 1 (for some over the verse lines, not very cutting through the mix, but I want it so for this purpose): TAF Satriani JVM OD2
    - main lead sound: TAF Diezel VH4 Solo

Solo sounds have Don Petersen (thanks again) delay on (with longer about 400ms delay time) :)

After few months now, I am still very, very satisfied with the Kemper and I think I never played more, because Kemper "calls" me to play all the time :)

• Hey guys I've been playing live 4 nights a week with my Kemper for 3 months now and it's sweet... There's 2 issues I've been dealing with and I'm interested in some input.
    1). The XLR outs being line level and having to rely on a sound man to patch you correctly. Is there any way around this other than using the 1/4" outs with a DI?
    2). I'm using the FCB1010 with uno chip and the expression pedal controlling volume is just terrible... I can't get the sweep correct. It goes from zero to full volume at about half way. I've calibrated it and tried all 5 curves and still crap. So my question is..... Anybody using an actual volume pedal in front of the Kemper??? Any other solutions ???

• Hey guys I've been playing live 4 nights a week with my Kemper for 3 months now and it's sweet... There's 2 issues I've been dealing with and I'm interested in some input.
    1). The XLR outs being line level and having to rely on a sound man to patch you correctly. Is there any way around this other than using the 1/4" outs with a DI?
    2). I'm using the FCB1010 with uno chip and the expression pedal controlling volume is just terrible... I can't get the sweep correct. It goes from zero to full volume at about half way. I've calibrated it and tried all 5 curves and still crap. So my question is..... Anybody using an actual volume pedal in front of the Kemper??? Any other solutions ???

I can help with 1)

Turn down the level of the XLRs, and they can be used at microphone level. You can press the OUTPUT button to find separate volume controls for the Main and Monitor outputs.