BBE - holy cow...

• Haha, well I appreciate the comments! The majority of my stuff On my soundcloud is mostly of other bands stuff lately. I believe what the poster was referring to probably was the clips of profiles I have from audio engineers in metal we may have heard of :) ill be glad to put those back up if anyone is Interested. The only point I was making was, if the bbe was so great, many guitarists and engineers would be using it to get their tones, but the reality is that simply isn't the case. Quite a few of those bands listed that supposively use the BBE have frequented the the studios I've been around for the last 10 years or so and have done albums with, I can promise you the bbe was not apart of getting their sound. I am not here to start a flame war, if YOU like it and it gets you the sound you are after then great, seriously. That really is all that matters, and something apparently few guitarists are able to do. I just spoke up in this thread Because it reminded me of the old harmony central amp forum days about 10 years ago when the bbe was like THE BIGGEST thing on the guitar planet for metal guitar tones at the time. Everyone was nuts about it until they REALLY started listening to what it did/does. It's great at tricking your ears, I will give you that. The boosting of highs And lows and scooping of mids can definitely make you believe the sound is more polished and " professional" I guess. Everyone eventually sold the thing, that is another thing I remember from back then. Some of the old time forum guys will remember these threads haha. Tone is so subjective though obviously, no one is ever right. My favorite amps in the world for metal (fryette) are absolutely despised from one of my close friends who is an extremely respected engineer in metal records, as well as apparently quite a few others, because no one really uses them in some of the bigger modern day releases.