subdivisions in each forum section?

• Hi outthere :) one question: since our KPA forum becomes greater and greater day by day, containing more and more threads and topics.. don´t you think that would be useful to start to subdivide each forum section into other more focused sections?

for instance LINK YOUR MUSIC could be subdivided in: only YOUR OWN MUSIC section - only COVERS section - only AUDIO CLIPS section - ecc

or USER AND DEALER network subdivided into: KPA for Germany, Italy, US, England ecc (for each country its own section not various threads accross forum)

the same principle for other forum sections..

what do you think?

• While some suggestions in the OP may actually sound "too much", I would generally agree with Hallan that rationalizing the threads' distribution is a matter of order and easiness of use and information retrival, rather than overfragmentation.

For example, I believe threads writte in languages different from English should be grouped in a section of their own. Why oblige (say) an Italian reader to scroll lots of threads to find the italian one, when a simple "Other languages" section would make things easier for everyone?
    OTOH, when i see that a certain section has got unread posts in n threads, I'm not interested in visiting those written in German, Slovack or French. If one or more of them increases the count of the unread thread this reduces the forum's useability for everyone.

When I put my socks, my pants and t-shirts in different drawers I don't think I'm scattering my clothes all around, but rather I'm putting them when it's most easy for me to find what i need w/o having to throw everyting up each time!
    Hope this makes sense :)

Last but not least, a better logic structure in the forum will reduce the page visits and the traffic. This might not be an issue for now since we still are a small group, but will hopefully become more and more meaningful with the time.

• for me one of the best parts of the forum experience is the pseudo randomness of reading and posting in threads you didn't look for initially.

our forum is not just a store/retrieval system of information, it's main point is the user interactivity that could be considerably reduced by increasing the number of sub-forums.

I honestly see no need to change the current forum structure at this point.

But thanks for your input guys! :)

• Lol

Wonder how a thread in Slovack would enhance my "interaction" with the forum :D

Don, with most respect, making choices for all of us based on how you yourself would like things to work, despite many requests to make things work otherwise, sounds a little weird to me...

... But i love you nevertheless ^^