Can I use my stomps like this........?

• I'd like to use the Kemper as I would any amp and stomp box combo. That is, pick 5 amp sounds that I prefer. Keep them dry with perhaps a touch of reverb. Then, set up 5 stomps that work independently of the selected amps, just like a pedal board would. I can't figure that out.. It seems I have to build presets.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ron

• You can do that by locking the Stomps and Effects sections.

Long press the Stomps button, then press Lock. Do the same with the Effects button. Now whatever effects you put in any slot will stay the way they are (even their active/inactive state) when you switch to another rig. In other words, switching to another rig will only change the amp, and all of your effects will behave like independent stomp boxes.

Alternatively, you can also lock individual stomps/effects slots instead of the entire sections. So you could lock slots A, B, C, D and X to turn them into independent stomp boxes, and leave MOD, Delay and Reverb unlocked to have them change with the rig/amp you select.

• You can save any stomp and name it as you please. You can also hold down the whole pre effects section and save those combinations of effects. The two knobs on the top sides of the display are "type" and "browse". They are different. One goes through the various effects available and the other accesses your various presets. There are pre loaded setting which are great and you certainly dont need to restrict yourself to 5 rigs and effect settings but you can. If you were strategic in how you named them (maybe throw a couple ** in front first, you could see them all listed together when you browse for them. Or consider using performance mode for each amp?

The same sort of saving can be applied to inputs, so once you set your input clean sensitivity for a guitar how you like it (so that volume doesn't jump from clean to distorted rigs) you can save input settings for each of your guitars and change them when you change guitars.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• what type of midi controller do you have?

I have a Behringer FCB1010 with Uno4kemper chip

Having owned both an AxeFx and Kemper, I hope that when a foot controller is made available, appropriate editing software is released as well. To my ears, the Kemper is by far, the more accurate device regarding amp modeling. The Axe Edit software really made building patches/ presets much easier.

Edited once, last by rdamato ().

• An editor is not needed but would be very helpful. Consider us folk where we have our Kemper racked somewhere else other than right in front of us. (and with chronic back issue, leaning over to perform any tasks is an issue.) I made the same case for the Axe FX and got push back there as well... some people get it, some don't. Some of us prefer to edit at a computer.... simple as that.

• I definitely see your point, and respect your... back :) But I believe it's not a matter of getting it or not. I'd say the point is how the majority of users is expected to use the device. I, for example, would really like my washing machine to be programmable via ipad, because it's located in a dark room with no lamplights and I have to take a torch with me when I use it. But i know they're not going to implement such a function, because in most circumstances it would be too much effort/cost for the benefit.
    The profiler is so simple to tweak that, for a small company such as Kemper, i believe this is no way a priority. But I think i would use an editor, if it existed. At least I'd give it a try :D

• What was the problem?

Where is an editor needed?

No problem at all. However a PC or Mac based editor would be helpful. Having used Axe Edit, I must say that creating and visualizing presets is just easier. I've owned both and feel that the KPA is simply a better device. However, the ease in which a preset is created goes to the Axe.

• No problem at all. However a PC or Mac based editor would be helpful. Having used Axe Edit, I must say that creating and visualizing presets is just easier. I've owned both and feel that the KPA is simply a better device. However, the ease in which a preset is created goes to the Axe.

+1000 ! :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. We are all agree to state that the KPA interface is really great, and the "out of the box" concept is really efficient compared to the Axe.

Why having one aspect when you could have both ? I mean, dial in directly on the KPA as usual AND "in the box" as a standalone software such as Rig Manager but especially to dial in easily and faster via the computer ("Rig Editor" ? :P ) .

And it would be great not only for the consumer but also for the brand and the product giving it another convincing feature facing the competitors ... right ? :D

To summarize, i think it would be really useful for everyone to have a dedicated "editior".
    Rig Manager is already amazing and helps us saving A LOT of time, and time is money so ... ;)

• DoZ, the point is that developing software takes time and resources. You don't compile a good editor in a week-end and, if someone is working on one during their working time, it means they are distracted from other tasks.

Basically, nothing comes for free. Provided that there are many things that would make a product better (or its potential customers happier), a company (specially a small one) has to carefully choose its priorities: every step they take means spending money and pushing other things back. It's not easy nor trivial.

• While I would like Rig Manager to be able to control the global MIDI program number assignments, and/or create and edit Performance Banks, I would also vote for new features instead of a full-blown software editor.

An editor might be very helpful for users who have their Kemper remotely installed, but I think the majority of Kemper users do not have one remotely installed.

• No problem at all. However a PC or Mac based editor would be helpful. Having used Axe Edit, I must say that creating and visualizing presets is just easier. I've owned both and feel that the KPA is simply a better device. However, the ease in which a preset is created goes to the Axe.

Just want to say my opinion on this matter too. Kemper is just so MUCH easier to tweak than Axe because of very straightforward and intuitive user interface, that this editor is not that important. I know its a good tool for Axe because Axes more complex user interface. I prefer Team Kemper to focus on new features and known bugs.

• Basically, nothing comes for free. Provided that there are many things that would make a product better (or its potential customers happier), a company (specially a small one) has to carefully choose its priorities: every step they take means spending money and pushing other things back. It's not easy nor trivial.[/quote]

Just got back from New Orleans where 2 Boubon Street band were using KPA. Very nice.

Regarding cost and time: I agree with all of you. It takes both. If I'm not mistaken, Axe-Edit was not developed by Cliff's taem , it was done by a user who happened to be a programmer. So yes, if a choice needed to be made, I would prefer a dedicated foot controller to editing software.

Just my $.02

Ron