Did Kemper Power Head/Rack go up significantly in price last couple months? (Canada)

• This is maybe more related to pricing in Canada (and wondering about anyone buying from Long & McQuade in Canada) but I got a quote on the Powered Head back on Nov 1st, 2013 with L&M for $2,375. I was going to order but held off as I already have the unpowered head. I decided to go ahead with it and now they are saying that they are $2,950....a $600 increase!

Could this be correct?

Thanks,
    D

• I ordered an unpowered toaster in October last year for $1799 and it arrived a few weeks ago. Because I put cash on it at the time they honored the original price -- a big "savings". When I asked why the price went up so much they said their suppliers were charging more. I also noticed that the Canadian prices were pretty much uniform at about $2300, so that may support the claim about the suppliers. I haven't worked the numbers but ordering from the States is probably not going to save you any money after taxes, the exchange rate, and border fees.

• I had a regular rack on order but the wait was greater than 90 days so I pulled my deposit on it. I then asked my bud who works at one of the locations to see if he could check on the availability of the powered rack version and he found one that wasn't on the inventory list but was sitting at head office. If I had have found it a week before it would have been several hundred cheaper but with the price increase I had to bite the bullet and pay the 2950. Thankfully, I had traded quite a bit of gear which offset the cost by 95%. Still a big price increase for sure. It seems the distributor and the retailer are trying to pass the increase off as each others issue. Frustrating regardless bit it is there to stay.

• This. Some sellers (be them final sellers or distributors) just increase prices as long as demand doesn't drop. It's the Market, honey X)

Honestly, if I were an exclusive distributor, I'd probably do the same.

OTOH, this hints at the great momentum the Profiler is having all around.

:)

• For the longest time, Canadian retailers had a price that was under the US price, as you mentioned about $1799 for the toaster, compared to about $2100 in the US. (For some reason Marshall amp prices where the same way).
    Come January, I think something happened in the distribution chain, because things like the Kemper and Marshall amps not only jumped in price equal to what they were selling in the US, but also factoring in the tanking dollar, so that's why the toaster now here is $2299 CAN :((((

I'm lucky in that I snagged a used one locally for $1600 just before the price increase. I even splurged out $150 for the tote bag.

• its not just the exchange rate! i got mine for 1850 in the us one and a half years ago , its now 2133

non power amp version

glad i got it early i guess 300 dollars difference , its good thats its going up in value though