Rig Manager for Mac? When?

• Mac power user here, and my Window machine runs XP, as does 30% of all computers, which means out of the 5 computers in my house, ZERO are compatible with Rig Manager.

Lame.

Something like 47% percent of computers currently are non compatible.

To run virtual on a Mac, the cheapest compatible version of Windows is about $100 (only 5 times what Apple sells OS X for). Bill Gates is back to being the wealthiest man in the world, and he doesn't need anymore of my money for a lame product.

Hopefully this Year for the Mac version! :thumbup:

Edited 3 times, last by ur2funky ().

• Run it on a virtual machine until Mac version come?

I know it's a pain to make this just to run a little software but.. :S

This is not an answer either because this still needs the Windows which is not a free OS. So if you are a mac user withOUT Windows, you can't do this either.

• I don't have high hopes for anything in the near future. The existing beta appear to be heavily based on tool-kits exclusive to the windows platform. I.e. porting to OSX is practically a complete rewrite. Not to mention that maintaining multi-platform support in the long-term with very little shared code is a massive undertaking. A community development-project might be a long-term option, but I doubt that will happen unless the available interfaces are made public and properly documented.

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• I run an SSD in my mac and I partitioned it to allow for a bootcamp setup. I run Windows 8.1 on that partition. Takes about 8 seconds to start and runs fast without issue. I just switch between the two operating systems as needed and add or delete rigs as needed.

• It is a tad frustrating. I have Windows 8.1 on my Mac, running through Parallels. I would rather not have Windows on my Mac at all, but I will deal until the boffins FINALLY (hint) get the mac version done.

Pro Tools 2019, Logic X, Cubasis pro 10.5, Kemper unpowered toaster, Champman ML2, USA/UK Custom Fender Strat. Livewire Studio. :thumbup:

Check out : http://www.livewirestudio.co.uk

• Kemper said later 2014

It was a complete surprise to have it done in 2014 in the first place.

I have a Mac, and can't wait. But enough already. Give the programming team some room to breathe, People.