Can I switch beat detector off?

• Probably a stupid question but here is my issue...

I"m using a rocktron all access to control my lunchbox. I have a switch set as a tap tempo using midi cc. However since the upgrade to the current version I have a problem. First press of the switch outs beat detector on, the second switches it off....so I can't use it as a tap tempo.....I have had to resort to walking over to the lunchbox and tapping the tempo in on the tap button there.

There must be a way to use the tap function via midi without engaging beat detection.....anyone know how?

Thanks.
    Mike

• Hi,

take a look at the manual of your midiboard. There must be an option to choose the type of the instant access switch. Change it from latching to momentary. Then you can use your switch as a tap tempo. When you press an hold the button, you will activate the beat scanner.

Hope this helps, it did with my midiboard...

Greets
    Daniel

Edited once, last by DanFran ().

• This wouldn't help

Make your board send value zero's only.

Please excuse me but I tried 2 times to get information but nobody responded ... :S

I was very happy with the tap tempo before beat scanner came but have the same problem with my ART X-15.
    So let me try again:

I'm using an ART X-15 and before 2.x software I was able to tap the
    tempo with the programmed bypass switch. Now I have the same that Beat
    scanner is activated.
    I can turn it off with next push - But I'd rather have the tap function !.

In the X-15 manual I saw that there are several modes for bypass switch
    but unfortunatly no change did bring the wished function.
    There is no description for key-on and key-off so I think the unit can't do that.
    Allthough in the table of modes for the bypass switch are columns "momentary" and "toggle" :?: But like I said I tried all modes and wether no action at the KPA or Beat scanner is activated...

So there are 2 questions:

1) Could someone tell me if there is a way to programm the bypass switch
    of the X-15 (or maybe another switch) to get the tap function back ?

2) Could it be that a later software version for the KPA would give the choice to get tap (like before) OR Beat scanner ? :wacko: (-> PLEASE PLEASE ;( )

• Exactly that.
    By sending only zeros - what we have defined to be a key-off message - you tell the Profile with the first event that no key-on message will be sent.

I must apologize that we have not updated our manuals in time.
    This is the text that is added soon:

MIDI Control-Change numbers can be used to switch stomps and effects on or off. The switches for the Tuner and Rotary Speaker work in a similar way. Non-zero Values (1-127) trigger “ON”, while 0 triggers “OFF".

Some other switches feature a dedicated Hold function, when they are held down:
    - The TAP switch triggers the Beat Scanner when being held
    - The Performance Up/Down switches (described further below) start scrolling the Performances when being held.

For the Hold function to behave correctly, your switch must transmit a MIDI message both when it is pressed (Key-On), and when it is released (Key-Off). Program your remote device so that it sends a value of [1 to 127] on Key-On, and a zero on Key-Off. Some remote devices are not able to send a Key-Off event, and are therefore unable take advantage of the Hold function, unfortunately. In this case, send a value of zero for the Key-On event, so that Hold does not get triggered accidentally.

Please revise, if you have additional questions.

CK

• Brilliant, thanks for the quick repsonse on this CK. Another example of how great it is being a Kemper owner....what other company offers this level of support? :thumbup: