Not getting a good sound.... On the verge of returning

• Hello all,

I am a fairly new Kemper user... I have had it about a week and a half... I have tweaked and tweaked and tweaked... Updated and used different profiles...

I am not getting a tone as good as I was achieving with the Axe FX II.

Is it true that when a profile is taking of an amp...the user that is profiling the amp...does it take all the entities of the profile such as wood, pickups, etc. to make the new preset?

I use a Guild S-100... With the Axe FX II... I could have a SRV tone on one preset and the next I could sound exactly like Meshuggah?

So with the Kemper...Do I have to go out and buy all the guitars and pickups that would allow me to achieve that tone?

If true, this seems to defeat the point of the Kemper?

Here is me using the L'ENFANT preset off of Rig Exchange:
    https://soundcloud.com/layne81/kempertest-mushy

This is ran S/Pdif from the Kemper to my Motu 828mk3 in Cubase 5.

Sounds nothing like Gojira.. hahaha... Sounds like my first amplifier which was a speaker and controls drilled to a 2x4. Haha!

Please help.

Thanks,
    Layne

• The KPA can sound exactly as your AxeFx - all you have to do is to profile your favorite AxeFx presets.

In this case will the KPA behave in the same way as your AxeFx - of course each amp, profile or preset will sound different in case another guitar will be used.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The question, obviously, was alright. The answer, however, is 'no'.

The amps profiled were set up to sound a certain way with a certain guitar and pickups, true, but if you were to plug your guitar into that user's amplifier, it would probably sound very much like what you're hearing from the Kemper.
    You can't set the amp up differently like you can with the XFX-II, but you can correct for almost everything if you know how to - which takes knowing the gear you own.
    I'll take an educated guess and say you didn't get a great sound with the XFX-II on your first go either? The profiler might have less of a learning curve, but it's definitely there.
    Last but not least, some people just don't jive with the workflow of the Kemper, or like more processed sounds that would be hard to achieve without the XFX-II's superior routing - in which case, we probably can't help.

As far as the Gojira profile, these are meant for in-the-mix situations. In a mix, i can assure you that the L'enfant profile is very, very close - but obviously, without dual tracking, a bass, drums or a master bus it will sound different.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• So where i could tweak the Axe FX II to sound good and versatile with one guitar? I would have to have multiple to achieve good sound and versatility with the Kemper?

No, you would just have to pick profiles that are suitable for that usage and never, ever, ever use them outside your bedroom because they will likely sound terrible :)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• So where i could tweak the Axe FX II to sound good and versatile with one guitar? I would have to have multiple to achieve good sound and versatility with the Kemper?

This is entirely wrong.
    You can tweak any Kemper rig to great extent.
    OTOH there is a reason why there are still many different guitars existing.
    You will never make a Strat sound like a LP, you will only approximate.
    But this has nothing to do with the Axe or the profiler.

• If I am running to my Orange PPC412HP when I am just playing in my room. (I have the powered Kemper)

And when I am running to my DAW. Kemper (S/Pdif) > Motu 828mk3 > Computer (monitoring with headphones from the 828mk3)

• This is entirely wrong.
    You can tweak any Kemper rig to great extent.
    OTOH there is a reason why there are still many different guitars existing.
    You will never make a Strat sound like a LP, you will only approximate.
    But this has nothing to do with the Axe or the profiler.

But the Kemper involves the wood, pickups, etc. more so than the Axe Fx II?

• I want this thing to be awesome... but the Axe FX II is winning by a long shot right now...

because of tweakability...the ability to make ANY preset sound like YOU want it to.... if you can do this with the Kemper... How?

Axe FX II is so involved... via AxeEdit software... I dont see how the Kemper can release creativity to that extent?

I want this thing to be awesome... but the Axe FX II is winning by a long shot right now...

because of tweakability...the ability to make ANY preset sound like YOU want it to.... if you can do this with the Kemper... How?

Axe FX II is so involved... via AxeEdit software... I dont see how the Kemper can release creativity to that extent?

Trust me the KPA is AWRSOME and the KPA can be tweaked quite alot. For me you need to find the right profiles. Most of the ones I use are paid for ones from TAF. Most of these need little tweaking if any at all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk