Single Rectifier Profiles

• Hey guys! I'm new... very green. Received my KPA last Wednesday and have hardly put my guitars down ever since. This is the solution that I've been trying to find for 10+ years. Needless to say I am very happy with the unit, and the myriads of profiles that I have been playing with this far.

My recording setup for the last 8 or so years has been a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo 50 head, using both 6L6 and EL-34 power tubes depending on trhe situation. From there I go into a Weber MASS Lite, then a Palmer Junction Box and XLR into a Focusrite Saffire Liquid 56 interface. This weekend I decided to be brave and start experimenting with this setup to grab some profiles from this amp. They are up on the Rig Exchange now. I've profiled every channel and void (clean, pushed, RAW, Vintage and Modern) with both 6L6 and EL-34 Tubes. I've also biased these as they should, as well as the opposite setting. Personally I love the sound of the 6L6 tubes biased at the EL-34 setting. I captured profiles using all three settings of the Palmer DI. These are Mellow, Normal and Bright. All of these were refined using a PRS Singlecut, original series... the thick ones. Stock pickups in the bridge position. I'm quite happy with the results so I uploaded all of the profiles. There are all straight profiles with no effects. I have not had the chance to test swapping out the cabs yet.

Some sound samples can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/jim-griffin-4

• Thanks for the welcome! Gald some others are finding some of these useful. As time goes on and I get to know the unit better I will more than likely redo these. It actually did not take nearly as long as I expected.