Passive Xitone 2x12 FRFR cab review

• Start with the cab quality- received cab in a well packed box, this cab is made like a tank. I think he could have shipped it in the back of a pickup truck without a box and there woundn't be a scratch because he uses a line-x product to cover the cab. Its 50 lbs and small(easy to carry). Horizonal and vertical feet.

16 ohms mono- standard bab is 4 ohms and 8 ohms stereo but The KPA wont accept 4 ohms.

Has a 3 db switch on back of cab. In reg setting is the flattest setting and when using it takes -3 db from the tweeters which gives you more of a guitar cab feel.Great for high gain stuff.

500 watts in 16 ohms

Bass- Tight bass not boomy or muddy.

highs- nice round highs not icepick highs.

First thing I noticed is effects are more present so get ready to lower the mix. In the flattest setting the cleans have a full 3d sound with all the chime of the original tube amp. I felt on the flattest setting anything from blues to classic rock sound awesome but high gain is a little different sounding but that's where the magic switch comes into play and metal tones are top notch. Palm muting sounds like it should. Last night was my first band pactice with the cab and it's plenty loud.You will need earplugs at the loudest setting and everything sounds as it should at the volume.

I own a Yamaha DXR10 and never bonded. The Xitone 2x12 is way above sound and build quality then the Yamaha. No I don't work for Xitone.

Last Mick at Xitone is a great guy and easy to work with.

Edited once, last by Manchild ().

• Its really just a review not comparing the Xitone and Yamaha. I prefer the Xitone most likely because its 2x12. I wish I had a CLR to compare.

I'am using the KPS power rack- monster Pro 2500 power cond - 2013 PRS Custom 24 - Liquid Foot +Jr+ controller. USA Jackson and Custom made strat.

Your welcome Ingolf