New Monitor Recommendations?

• We will be downsizing to a townhouse In a few months and considering changing or consolidating monitors. Currently when playing at Church I have to use in ears, (westone E2), and have a pair of Equator D5 desk monitors for home and an unused QSC K10 to takeout, but never used. I don't do recording, but primarily just want a "true to the PA" Standard that could help me set tones when playing direct. Willing to sell current monitors:
    1. Are there better small monitors for 12' x 13' room that better imitate a PA?
    2. Should I consider selling all and buy a CLR or similar?
    3. Should I upgrade to better IEM's like 1964 S6?
    Recommendations? Thanks!

• The issue of emulating PA is not trivial. The issue here is because the PA is no standard, so the sound you're going to need can't be foreseen.
    The least error is made, generally speaking, with the most possible linear device (which is certainly the CLR among the mentioned ones). Even so, unless the PA sounds exactly like the CLR (which is unlikely), there will be a difference (which will be minimized in case you have to sound good through several different PAs).
    So I support Ingolf's advice: try what you have and move from there. The CLR would not certainly be a mistakes buy anyway.

Another issue here is the difference in volume. The Equators will have a by far less important sound, and this will push you to tweak differently. They won't be able to sound as strong as a PA, your sound will have more highs and more lows than needed at stage volume.
    Can't say anything about the QSC,never heard one in person. Probably, using it+Equators would be a sort of compromise (volume + bandwidth). But you'll discover it only by trial.

Let us know! :thumbup: