Kemper Profiler purchased, installed & rocking!

• Still getting oriented, but yes, it IS truly amazing.

The studio (with a little assist from the great tech support at Focusrite ) is up and running. Digital all the way from Kemper to Logic for tracking sessions. And for just jamming its analog into my FRFR QSC K10.

Good thing that in addition to loving to play the guitar, I find curling up with a manual is also a pleasure.

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips and support. Time to enter Guitar Heaven. :D

• Lol! Yes I was there yesterday. As I said in another thread. I like being proactive. It looks to have lots of helpful info. Its so nice seeing a manual made from paper again, instead of pdf. :D

• You see this whole digital connection pretty light and easy. But it's not. The Profiler being a Spdif slave would require that it had to support various sample rates. Doing that is extremely complex, this would mean variable processor loads and and various methods to prevent the sound from being changed by a different sample rate. Please be aware that the majority of complex instruments such as digital amps and keyboards only offer a fixed sample rate!
    I wonder why manufacurers of audio interfaces don't face this fact and offer sample rate converters for their Spdif connections.

Having USB audio would not improve this situation at all. Have a look at the low number of 'complex' devices that offer a selectable sampling rate. Same story as with Spdif.
    In addition a USB audio connection does not allow a second audio interface being hooked to the same system. You will have to use the Profiler as the sole audio interface and be losing flexibility.

You see this whole digital connection pretty light and easy. But it's not. The Profiler being a Spdif slave would require that it had to support various sample rates. Doing that is extremely complex, this would mean variable processor loads and and various methods to prevent the sound from being changed by a different sample rate. Please be aware that the majority of complex instruments such as digital amps and keyboards only offer a fixed sample rate!
    I wonder why manufacurers of audio interfaces don't face this fact and offer sample rate converters for their Spdif connections.

Having USB audio would not improve this situation at all. Have a look at the low number of 'complex' devices that offer a selectable sampling rate. Same story as with Spdif.
    In addition a USB audio connection does not allow a second audio interface being hooked to the same system. You will have to use the Profiler as the sole audio interface and be losing flexibility.

You see this whole digital connection pretty light and easy. But it's not. The Profiler being a Spdif slave would require that it had to support various sample rates. Doing that is extremely complex, this would mean variable processor loads and and various methods to prevent the sound from being changed by a different sample rate. Please be aware that the majority of complex instruments such as digital amps and keyboards only offer a fixed sample rate!

So it's not possible to allow the Kemper to be the slave even if limited to 44.1 kHz?

• Hi Lasvideo.

I have a Mac mini that I connect into a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 interface via S/PIDF and everything works perfectly, no problems whatsoever in my setup. Now I am not using logic Pro, I use to use that on my Mac Pro but I switched over to Presonus Studio One 2 which is I really love. Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks VictorRattlehead . I got the stuff today (Kemper/Scarlet) and have the SPDIF providing the digital path from K to S to Logic Pro X. Things are working as they should. I havent really put the system thru its paces, but I think yours and others experience seem to indicate things will be fine.

• Sorry folks.Photo aint gonna happen. Cameras busted and my cell phone (for motorcycle emergencies) has no camera. Ya either trust me or ya dont :D (But since Im smiling like a fool I think you know that I do have one)

• LOL! There. Do you feel better now :P :)

... Dude, I've been feeling good since I first got my Profiler :)
    I do hope you're feeling better now :P

On a more serious note, I can't see any good (for anyone) in spreading negative titles that just don't respect the thread's contents.
    Since you signed in, you've been posting a number of negative threads with any possible kind of complaints w/o even taking the time for getting to know such a (relatively) complex machine. The fact that you've changed your mind so quickly means you had hardly any clue about what you were talking, hadn't you? :D

IMO, changing the title puts you as well under a better light in the eye of those who will come across this thread in the future. You certainly didn't have to do it, but believe me you've just hit two birds with one stone :thumbup:

Glad you're ready to rock now!

• I came to this forum trying to get more information on a technology I knew little about after hearing many things from other folks. Some positive and some negative. An investment of this amount scares me a little so I wanted to make sure I was going to be happy with my purchase.

There were many possible negatives that I needed answers to. Im not afraid to ask tough questions or be unpopular among a sites fans. If I can get the honest truth about whatever I am researching , its a necessary evil. In this particular case things turned out great. And I am thrilled about the Kemper.

As an independent spirit I enjoy having good relations with folks on the web, but dont loose to much sleep over it if thats not the case. 8)

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().