Activate networking port on back of KPA

• If the Kemper proprietary floorboard isn't coming out anytime soon, please activate the Network port on the back of the amp so that I can try programming a Line6 FBV shortboard to use the tuner, and stomp boxes. I already use a MIDI controller on the floor - but while performing, the amp is far away.. and using a second tuner on the floor defeats the purpose of having all this functionality.

• I haven't checked it in a while; it used to have a web server that only brought up a placeholder page.

The KPA (latest firmware) does hook up as a DHCP-client but there is not much else happening. I just scanned (nmap) all ports. For TCP there's nothing, and UDP-scan shows:

Code
    PORT      STATE         SERVICE    VERSION
    137/udp   open|filtered netbios-ns
    49153/udp open|filtered unknown
  • There is something running on port 5727, which is open.
    When telneting to that port it returns some Hex strings and waits for input. Maybe it requires password, because it returns string "-NO" on any input.
    After few seconds of inactivity it closes the connection with ">EOL".

• Hey you techie guys, are there any pair of wires-points that I can use from the network output that has any AC voltage (9vac would be awesome) so I can phantom-power my pedalboard? I though that if network output would provide power and data to the KFC, maybe a pair of wires would carry usable voltage. Thanks.

• It would be great if Kemper published a SDK for use via USB or the network port.
    The whole Kemper community would certainly benefit of numerous and various control devices.
    Instead of that we're stucked waiting for the vapor KFC :(

• It would be great if Kemper published a SDK for use via USB or the network port.
    The whole Kemper community would certainly benefit of numerous and various control devices.
    Instead of that we're stucked waiting for the vapor KFC :(

Good idea, we might as well start making a KFC ourselves....

• A SDK would be really awesome!

Has anybody tried to get a communication working via network port?

The packets that are send contain a few informations about the profiler and its owner.

.......O ..&...E......... ....>}..>...._.lK.DSCV.NAMEMyProfiler.SWVS10201.MAC#XXXXXXXXXXXX.OWNRChruschdy.APPRPROFILINGAMP.TYPE1.SER#XXXXXXXXXXX..

Unfortunately the unit ist that communicative :D
    Everything i get as answer is a strict "NO". I don´t know but i think i crashed my KPA by sending something. It only showed an error page on the screen.
    After rebooting everything worked fine again.

Maybe i have to wait until the final release of the footswitch to know how the units communicate.
    But building my own footswitch becomes more and more interesting for me.

• Kemper's MIDI documentation is one of the best i've ever seen. Their MIDI implementation is awesome in general - comprehensive and simple.

I'd kill for an SDK, but USB interests me far more than the network port for anything DIY. USB comms through the rig manager are just SysEx packets.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Has anybody tried to get a communication working via network port?

The visible activity found on the network-port tends to vary between firmware-releases, which makes sense at this stage when the upcoming KFC is still in development. Most of what is discovered with host-scanning-tools is probably related to internal communications between processes on the KPA that only are made visible on the IP-network for debugging and/or monitoring purposes in the LAB, or generic networking processes in the KPA's operating system. For outsiders to get anything from it requires either a published/documented API, or a working external unit such as the KFC that generate observable traffic to be used for reverse engineering.

Btw, does anyone know what OS the platform is based upon? All the netbios-related stuff found when you point a host/network scanner at the KPA is pointing in a certain direction but I'm not sure.