Best live stomp and Effects

• Hello All,

I would just like some advice on what is working best live.

I want to set all my stomp and effects up and then lock them.

So not sure if my real pedal board can be re-created on the Kemper.

ISP Decimator>Compressor>Wah>Crunch Box>BB Preamp>Tuner>BoostNBuff, then into the effects loop ISP>Delay>BoostNBuff.

The Kemper has a Built in Noise Gate and Tuner.

So would the following work.

Compressor>Wah>Distortion>Lead Boost, Then I could have Some effect>Boost>Delay>Reverb.

If you have a combo that works please let me know?

Many Thanks.

Gezza.

• My working combo is:
    Stomps: Wah, Boost, Distortion, Tremolo or Chorus.
    Post-Stack FX: Pedal Pitch, Vibrato, Delay, Reverb.

Note that I don't use a stomp compressor but the amp compressor instead (set to around 4), because this only affects clean portions of the signal, which means it begins to kick in when I clean up with my volume pot.
    Genius feature.
    Pedal pitch is only switched on in performances where I need it instead of Wah (pitch to wah is flagged then)

• Hello Guys,

I haven't used my kemper live yet.

I am not sure how to set up my effects and if i could run them the same as my real pedal board.

But I wanted to use the FCB1010 and in performance mode have the following,

1- Clean, 2- Crunch, 3- heavy Crunch, 4- lead 1, 5- lead 2, and then have all my effect the same once I select them.

Just wanted to know what works best live.

Thanks,

Gezza.

• Thanks,

Can someone suggest a great chain to use live.

Wah>Compressor>Distortion>EQ. Then - EQ>Lead Booster>Delay>Reverb.

Anyone use something like this?

I play classic rock, Clean, Mean and then meaner and solo1 and Solo 2.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gezza.

• Mind tho, that if you lock fx you won't be able to switch them on/off as you would with phisical pedals, as it seems you need from your second post: they will keep their status.

IIRC the behringer pedalboard along with the Eureka PROM allows to use one of the two rows of buttons to switch 5 fx, the other for calling up rigs and banks. Waiting for some actual user to chime in and (dis)confirm.

:)

• Mind tho, that if you lock fx you won't be able to switch them on/off as you would with phisical pedals, as it seems you need from your second post: they will keep their status.

IIRC the behringer pedalboard along with the Eureka PROM allows to use one of the two rows of buttons to switch 5 fx, the other for calling up rigs and banks. Waiting for some actual user to chime in and (dis)confirm.

That's not entirely correct. Locking FX doesn't prevent you from manually switching them on and off at all.
    Changing rigs will change nothing with the actual FX configuration and on/off status though.

• As usual ingolf is right :D the uno chip will also allow you to have stomps on top row or bottom row of pedals

I also play in a Classic rock band and don't lock my stomps, because of the diverse music that we play. But my go to setup stays mostly the same as Ingolf's

• That's not entirely correct. Locking FX doesn't prevent you from manually switching them on and off at all.
    Changing rigs will change nothing with the actual FX configuration and on/off status though.

I see :) What could be the advantage of locking them then?

• What could be the advantage of locking them then?

To my understanding, the advantage would be, that you keep the exact same effects including all parameter settings, when changing rigs. So, could be that one want to change amps, or e.g. have the same amp with different gain levels and keep all effects as is.

• To lock or not to lock will depend entirely on your setup and how you're using your external analog pedals.

If they're in front of the KPA, it'll change nothing. If they're in a loop, the loop will be active across different profiles.

You could always programme each performance/profile differently as well, adding and subtracting FX already in the box for different profiles. Could work the same way as locking them.

• To my understanding, the advantage would be, that you keep the exact same effects including all parameter settings, when changing rigs. So, could be that one want to change amps, or e.g. have the same amp with different gain levels and keep all effects as is.

This.

• So if I get it right, you start with a rig with n fx on. Then switch some of them off via pedalboard, and some of them on again.
    When you switch rig, you find again all the fx in their original locked status regardless what you did with the pedalboard. Is this correct?
    If this is the case, I wonder how many different rigs one would need with such a high number of fx on by default, so that to make it advisable to lock them. I'd prefer to just program a few rigs the way I need them in a performance.
    It's definitely possible that I'm just missing the point tho...

• It mimics the behavior of a real pedalboard, which many guitarists have spent years getting used to.

Using a U4K in Performance Mode, say you've got the five effect stomps set up to be Overdrive, Compressor, Phaser, Chorus, Delay, and then five different amps on the other row. If you lock all of the effect stomps, then switching to a different amp in that performance won't touch any of the effects. You can turn them each on and off manually, but they'll stay where you've set them as you switch amps.

I use the same idea in my main performance bank - A and B are locked to Transpose and Wah, respectively. If I'm playing a song in a different tuning, I turn on Transpose, adjust the pitch if I need to, and then I can switch through my different patches without worrying about it.

• A little quesiton about the use of pedal borad. I'm going to receive a Liquid foot and i would like to have a validation to be sure...:)

Is it possible to trigger any effect on/off or change effect parameter for a rig WITHOUT effects are into this rig ?
    The same for a rig inside a performance of course...

For example, i load a clean rig with no effect assigned and if i want to add a disto or a boost (programmed in my pedal board), i just trigger my footswitch...and after, i could add arotary effect etc...

And, final question :)

is it possible to switch to a rig or a performance via my pedal board without to have the main selector of KPA in a required position (browe mode or performance mode) or am i turn the KPA in Browse mode to control my rigs via my pedal board and turn it to Performance mode to be able to swith inside my performances ????

Thank your for your help (and sorry for my english:))