KPA Stage Setup

• This must look like a control freaks dream come true. I am using a Gator G-Shock flight case. Items installed from bottom to top: Yamaha DXR10 (Yeah, it fits like a glove), KPA, Furman Power Conditioner, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, and on top my laptop.

Benefits to this rig is that it is very self contained and easy to transport from rehearsal to gig. Also with the audio interface and the laptop, I can go direct to the In-Ear monitoring system for the click track and run all vocal effects/changes through Reaper. Then I go out of the interface to FOH. Vocalist never has to worry about proper effects or changes, everything is controlled by reaper and the EZ Mix VST.

Big plus is I no longer need to wait for the mythical KPA foot switch. Reaper now automates all my changes. Sorry Kemper, you lost my money on the footswitch purchase. I still come out of the KPA mains to FOH, and out of the Monitor out for the DXR10.

Laptop is held in place by velcro and makes for an easy on/off during transport. I guess one last addition for the space you see on the top left. Probably going with a Line 6 Relay G50 for wireless setup.

Thought I would share and let me know if you need any information on how to setup this rig.

Picture Link

p.s. sorry for the grainy photo.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• I do tilt it during rehearsal. For the tilt I use a QuikLok amp stand. The rack weighs in at about 90 lbs. and the amp stand can support 100 lbs. (God willing). For live shows I would not use the DXR10 unless it is necessary. Most of the venues here have a massive monitoring system and the DXR10 would get drowned. However, if I was playing a show with mostly clean channel guitar I might reconsider. Another reason would be that I am going to keep the rack system on the side stage. Mainly for visual monitoring, and away from the rowdy crowd armed with full pints of beer.

Also considering the dolly and tilt system made by Gruv Gear. Its pricey, but looks perfect for this type of setup.

Lastly, I am hoping our new bassist will go with a Kemper or something similar and get a rack unit of his own. Then I can put mine on top and the height should be perfect without a tilt.

• Only the vocals are processed in Reaper. The guitar goes to FOH from the Kemper and the drums are sent into the PA. The click track also comes out of the interface into headsets for the drummer (probably going to replace with in-ear monitoring); and then the vocals are sent out audio interface to the PA. Reaper is mainly used for MIDI patch changing, full control of the vocalist effects, and any overlays that are necessary.

Have not experienced any latency issues. I guess to compare, think of when you record guitar using Reaper. Are you hearing any latency from what you are playing and the alignment on the DAW? I know some do, but I have an average laptop, that has been gutted and thinned out of any extras to run just the software. So I have had no issues with latency.