Going in the studio next month, engineer wants to mike my cab?

• Not to be a dick, but why are you paying an engineer if you're just intend on using Kemper presets? The whole point of hiring audio engineers is that they are really good with audio and can make it sound better than if you just do it yourself. By all means, try the Kemper, it might sound better than the mic'ed amp. But if you're working with a good engineer who has a vision for the project I'd always recommend giving him a go at dialing in and mic'ing a tone. Then you can profile it and get a profile which is made for you and is adjusted to your specific style and guitar. Everybody wins :)

• Recording went pretty well. Went direct, engineer liked the KPA. Said it lacked a little "breath" but it sounded good.
    It took forever for the other guitar player to get his amp dialed in and the engineer to work his magic. The KPA took all of about 5 minutes. :)

Vocals, percussion and mixing come next. I'll try to post some stuff here when it's done.

• Well based on what I heard at playback, the KPA kicked ass with hardly any time getting it dialed in.
    I understand what he was talking about and trust his ear as well. It was not a complaint by any means, just his thoughts.

• Well based on what I heard at playback, the KPA kicked ass with hardly any time getting it dialed in.
    I understand what he was talking about and trust his ear as well. It was not a complaint by any means, just his thoughts.

I spent half of my life in studios and I bet that even the most experienced engineer would have troubles to guess if it's the KPA with a welldone profile of the real amp....

Especially for studio-sessions the KPA is incredibly good. ;)

And by the way: to get the quality of all these awesome profiles available (Andy, Armin and others) you'd need a lot of equipment, experience and time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de