Main output section mono

• Use Monitor Out (which is mono) and choose Master Mono in the Output section. When you're going FRFR enbale the cab sim on Monitor Out, when going through a guitar cab disable the cab sim. Good luck!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but it doesnt work that way

I use the monitor output for my Bogner cabinet allready
    Its plugged into the power out ( power rack version )
    If I put a normal jack cable into the monitor output and into a mixer there's no sound on the PA system.
    If I turn up the monitor volume, only my Bogner cabinet getts louder, and still no volume on the PA system

Can I use a single xlr cable from the main output for mono to ?
    Wil it be the same as using a mono out, from the single monitor mono output with a normal jackplug cable ?

Edited 3 times, last by Dorrus ().

• Can I use a single xlr cable from the main output for mono to ?
    Wil it be the same as using a mono out, from the single monitor mono output with a normal jackplug cable ?

2 x yes. :)
    The Main Outs are a little hotter, so adjust output volume for the main outs properly (approx. -20 dB). Choose Master Mono (or Master Left/Right don't know ATM) for the Main Outs.

• Thanx Kemper maniac, but I still have some doubts :
    If I use two xlr cables and swich the main output to only one side, it doesn't make a difference .
    I don't see anything chance when switching from Master mono, to Master left or master right.
    The sound keeps comming in on both channels of the mixer.
    I thought it would just arrive at one side only, if mono or only left or right channel output is selected,
    Whats the point of making a choice left "or" right if it stayes left "and" right ?(

Edited 2 times, last by Dorrus ().

• Thanx Kemper maniac, but I still have some doubts :
    If I use two xlr cables and swich the main output to only one side, it doesn't make a difference .
    I don't see anything chance when switching from Master mono, to Master left or master right.
    The sound keeps comming in on both channels of the mixer.
    I thought it would just arrive at one side only, if mono or only left or right channel output is selected,
    Whats the point of making a choice left "or" right if it stayes left "and" right ?(

The sounds coming out of L and R are identical if you switch to master mono.
    They are also identical if you switch to master stereo but don't use any stereo FX (incl. reverb).
    Master mono is an option if you want to send a mono signal to the board.
    I use it often depending on the venue and the PA available.

• Hi, Ingholf.

A follow up question to your above comment. If I utilize master mono, and it is applied to the main xlr outputs, do the stereo EFX in the Kemper output in mono, too?

Thanks.

Your friend in St. Paul, Minnesota
    Thompson

• Yes, that's the reason master mono exists, to make stereo FX mono compatible. The amp section is always mono anyway.

• Hello, i have the same doubt. Using master mono when using for example a stereo chorus or stereo reverb what is going to happen? Mono summing? I think mono summing the stereo channels of a stereo FX could create phase issues. Would it be better selecting master left as output?

• Thanks for the reply, i was thinking about master left output to prevent phase issues due to mono summing stereo FX channels. Any ideas to prevent that or master mono has something that avoid it? I just played with the outputs and i notice that with master left the stereo chorus is more noticeable, any thoughts?

• I never heard of phase issues with mono summing inside the Kemper. Do you assume this or is it a personal experience with the Kemper?

• I never heard of phase issues with mono summing inside the Kemper. Do you assume this or is it a personal experience with the Kemper?

Mono summing stereo FXs in theory does create phase issues. It would be useful to know how the kemper manages stereo FXs when mono summed in master mono

• When I have to play in mono the stereo effects never seem to phase. I wonder how this is done?

Try adding for example a big stereo reverb to a profile with high decay time and keep it wet enough, you'll notice that :

-the reverb with master left output it will sound louder and with more frequencies

-the reverb with master mono output will sound weaker = phase cancellation

Master mono output is actually creating phase issues with stereo FX modules.