Making-of Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack

• So I don't think anything "nefarious" is going on here :)

i really hope that is the case,it could all come down to well meaning people just messing up on the PR front,i am sure that the parties involved realise that the ideal scenario would have been:
    1) free profiles released,they sound great and everyone knows they can purchase the commercial pack with confidence.
    2) commercial pack released,people rush to buy .
    3)everyone happy.

• i really hope that is the case,it could all come down to well meaning people just messing up on the PR front,i am sure that the parties involved realise that the ideal scenario would have been:
    1) free profiles released,they sound great and everyone knows they can purchase the commercial pack with confidence.
    2) commercial pack released,people rush to buy .
    3)everyone happy.

I'm really confused by all this. What is the scenario you fear is going on (not only you, Jeepster :-))?

Who would stand to gain by what is happening, and how?

• It just occurred to me that there was a mention of "technical" reasons for the delay of the release of the Rig Pack. Perhaps they were waiting for 2.6 because MW had been given an early release of 2.6 to use in creating his profiles? And they wouldn't work properly with the earlier firmware.

• It just occurred to me that there was a mention of "technical" reasons for the delay of the release of the Rig Pack. Perhaps they were waiting for 2.6 because MW had been given an early release of 2.6 to use in creating his profiles? And they wouldn't work properly with the earlier firmware.

Is it not possible to make profiles "work" across all firmware releases? I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm held hostage to updating firmware if I want newly made profiles.

• Is it not possible to make profiles "work" across all firmware releases? I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm held hostage to updating firmware if I want newly made profiles.

Profiles DO work across releases, and they always have. That has never been an issue with the Kemper.

Example: I recorded a song last night, using profiles that were created by someone who has the 2.6.0 Beta installed, and I have an older version of the software in my Kemper. No issues loading the profiles, and no issues using them.

• Found this in my email today:

Subject: Your Profile Packs

Message Body:
    Mr. Wagner,
    For
    you to promise the KPA community a free pack then turn around and put
    out a commercial pack and then to still not release the free pack before
    the price goes up is wrong. You are a con artist rip-off of the
    highest order. You lied to the KPA community, period. Scumbag

Dear xxx
    Thank you for the kind words :D

Just
    to clarify again: The Kemper free MW profiles and my commercial pack
    have nothing to do with each other. We did the free Profiles with Kemper
    in May at my Studio and then it was up to Kemper to release them, they
    belong to Kemper I don't even have them here. The commercial RokPak was
    planned since January already, way before Kemper asked me about the
    free profiles. I had scheduled to release the RokPak in July at the NAMM
    show in Nashville, but I decided to keep waiting for release of the
    free profiles. Based on my studio schedule I finally had to release the
    RokPak in August. I have no idea what is going on with the free profiles
    and why it takes so long to get them to you, it is totally out of my
    hands, but I am sure Kemper has good reasons for the delay.

On a positive note: I am glad you guys like the profiles and I thank you for your kind reviews, that gives me encouragement to possibly make another RokPak in the future.

Now make some noise!

Cheers
    Michael

• I wonder why the kemper guys have had the MW profile-pack for almost FIVE MONTHS without releasing it? It makes no sence and only makes their customers frustrated... ?(

Speak for yourself but how can you be "frustrated" because you haven't yet received a couple of free profiles. Soon there will be 6000 free profiles in the RE database and my rough guess is that almost as many are available from the usual suspects for almost no money at all.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I can assure you, guys, it wasn't me that sent that mail ^^

On that subject, who sent that mail, Mr Wagener? I don't see why you shouldn't reveal the name... If you do, maybe we can mail "calm" him for you.

Just so impolite. Being a fan of Freud, I can safely tell that guy: "You are a con artist rip-off of the highest order. You lied to the KPA community, period. Scumbag" He's just juxtaposing his feelings about himself on you, obviously because of abandonment issues of some kind and perhaps financial difficulty/inability to get a grasp that profiles are not the end of the world.

Of course, yours just might be, Mr MW. Imagine the world ended tomorrow and no one got your free profiles because Kemper Amplifiers didn't release them. You should maybe give them a helpful nudge and also forward the email you've posted so that they can see that the crazies are getting out of hand. :thumbup:

• Can't believe someone would send an email like that regarding free stuff!! I'm desperate to try these profiles oh yes, but I have enough great profiles to use so even if I never got to try them I would be a happy KPA user :) I would have liked to have tried them before the price went up but it only went up by $30 which is not much really in the scheme of it all.

Anyway who ever sent that email is bloody rude and it was not called for!!! Be Patience, "Good things come to those who wait" :)