Making-of Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack

• To expect them for free in my opinion would be an insult to Mr. Wagoner's time , talent, experience, expertise and the obvious quality that will be had at our finger tips once the rig pack is completed. Again, just my opinion but I'm sure there will be a good handful of folks who cheaply commoditize everything else in their lives that will do the same with this offering. : )) lol

I fully expect to pay . Its only fair to remunerate them for all the hard work that has gone into creating the rigs.

When I said free I meant if Kemper Amps had an arrangement with Mr. Wagener so he would be compensated by Kemper Amps. No disrespect intended.

• There must be a reason why Don posted in the Free profiles section.

OTOH, if a professional makes an agreement with Kemper... It would not be the first time that profiles made by others have ended up being in a factory pack. I can't see how them choosing to release the profiles for free would insult anyone.

Having said that I'd find perfectly acceptable if they were commercial profiles LOL

:)

• Hey Tim I totally didn't take it that you were advocating a free release... my comment was a general one.

If they choose to release it or some of it for free well then that's their decision and obviously they wouldn't be "insulting" themselves... : ))
    It would however be an insult IMHO if anyone else expected them to release all that hard work for free regardless of where the thread originated.

Totally cant wait for it! We guitarists live in very exciting times!

• To expect them for free in my opinion would be an insult to Mr. Wagoner's time , talent, experience, expertise and the obvious quality that will be had at our finger tips once the rig pack is completed. Again, just my opinion but I'm sure there will be a good handful of folks who cheaply commoditize everything else in their lives that will do the same with this offering. : )) lol

With all due respect, the profiles being offered for no charge as a factory pack, or no charge on the rig exchange is my impression of what's to be the probability. Not because "people" expect things to be free. It's more a gut feeling because of the roll out method we've seen.

I get the impression it will be a factory rig pack because that's what KPA has done for it's owners in the past and no mention whatsoever has been posted in the "commercial" section. That's not to suggest Kemper can't or wouldn't offer profiles for money if they would like. I'd buy or not, just as I'd keep or not keep free profiles.

Also, Mr.Wagener could easily sell profiles if they are useful to KPA users. Justifying the investment to do so is something he'd probably consider...

I would find it odd if Kemper was touting a "profiles for pay" situation without making that clear fairly early in the conversation and news briefs they have been making. It certainly isn't an expectation that owner's deserve something for free. I am just saying it would be odd and an iffy proposition to advise there's going to be a charge at the end of the Kemper buildup of these profiles.

Maybe Mr. Wagener likes the KPA because he likes it. Perhaps there's some quid pro quo which has nothing to do with others footing the bill... It really doesn't matter.

The positives for me are based on curiosity for profiles from a well known producer who has experience in getting electric guitars to work in a mix. He has a no excuse talent and equipment at his disposal. THAT'S interesting to me. I wouldn't be any more or less interested if there was to be a commercial only release.

If anyone doesn't believe that it's also in Kemper's interest to have great profiles on owner's KPA's they need think again. This is a great way to leverage interest for potential owners.

Kemper must be pleased every time their profiler is used in a very visible situation or by those folks known to have a good ear for tone... If Kemper started offering professionally done profiles of amps of interest to me? Sure! I would buy the ones that knock me out. I'd pass on any that I can't use.

Wagener can certainly off the bonus for folks using his studio to also have their tones to take for touring...

Were I to make a wild guess, the profiles are done. There's not any post work required that I can think of other than loading them on a server. Still guessing, but including them with a new "Final" firmware update seems a likely situation. Maybe a release of a cross platform Rig Manager, or even a foot controller...

No matter the conjecturing. It'll be available when it's available and free or not free. I'm curious and people are talking about KPA. That's what Kemper is looking for and the biggest part of their "payoff".

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• Based on the above info I will make a guess in regards to the other 2 Salvation Mods in the pack:
    W = Wagener module
    M = Mamba or the Marsh-all+ module

Whatever they are I'm sure they will be great.

• I totally agree with you brother in the context of a new Kemper Factory based Rig Pack. All the back end stuff and monies (if any) are all worked out behind the scenes and we get to enjoy the great tones. Kemper has a ton to gain by having MW's profiles in the mix. I'm simply coming at it from a stand point of what I have seen here in terms of Andy's & Armin's situations where people sure do expect a lot for free and or discounts on profiles that are not priced very high to begin with but as we all know have a lot of labor and talent behind them. It will be interesting to watch how this community reacts if there is a price / value assigned to this rig pack. I for one would hope that the "freebirds" zip it for the most part as I would like to see other high end producers get in the mix here and offer up their time, talent and expertise to a community that I hope will be viewed as one that values a high quality offer.

• To add something to the discussion:

1.: The Rig packs that we have seen so far were free for us - the producers themselves didn´t just make them for free though. Kemper payed them to do their packs.

2.: Having said #1 leads to WHY kemper payed them to do the rig packs: Because it helps selling the kemper (considering that KPA´s at nearly every shop are sold out it seems to work quite well). I´ve read in a few forums that people bought their Kemper simply because Lasse Lammert released a rig pack - or at least it gave them the last push they needed to order one.

3.: I would love to see other big producers jump in on that and actually sell their packs to the public. However I don´t really care if I have to pay for great quality or if Kemper is so kind and buys the rig pack for all of us so that we get it for free. I think this community actually is known to be willing to pay a certain price for quality (just look at all the rig packs that are being sold - successfully I think) and in the end all that matters is NEW AWESOME PROFILES!!!!!!

• here's a demo of the mighty Splawn Quickrod 3rd Gear profile
    https://soundcloud.com/kemperp…fier/mw-splawn-quickr-kpa

note the definition even in the sus2 and add9 chords :D

Splawn Quickrod 3rd Gear
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/MW1_3344_zps9ae59391.jpg]

Wizard 4x12 cabinet with 25W Greenbacks
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/MW1_3703_zpsdb1cacea.jpg]

the mics
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/MW1_3710_zpsa9f4034f.jpg]

the amp was dialed in with an Epiphone with a EVH bridge pickup
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/MW1_3725_zps33f14ce2.jpg]

Co-Producer Bamboleo approves the tonez!
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/MW1_3177_zps5d5ca038.jpg]