Making-of Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack

• Don't want to be disrespectful, BUT... Honestly, I wan't specially interested for this, but at USD210, OK I quit.

I am of course Ok that MW charges these profiles but the promotion of this in the Free profile section is what really bothers me...

Anyway thanx MW for allowing us some free profiles

Move this thread in commercial stuff now please... Just one question, why not selling some amp profiles alone ?

• The amount of butthurt in this thread is ridiculous. We are getting free profiles and he is also trying to make some money on the side by offering commercial profiles... what's the problem?

Kemper is still working on the free profiles, so nothing has changed. Some people need to grow up and also work on their reading comprehension.

• The amount of butthurt in this thread is ridiculous. We are getting free profiles and he is also trying to make some money on the side by offering commercial profiles... what's the problem?

Kemper is still working on the free profiles, so nothing has changed. Some people need to grow up and also work on their reading comprehension.

:thumbup:

• Please, move this thread to the commercial profiles subforom. :thumbdown:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Kemper / Mr. Wagener charging for these profiles, which I anticipate will be great. However, I agree with those who feel that starting and maintaining this thread in the "Free rigs and profiles" sub-forum has been a misleading tease for the past several months -- if the Rig Pack does not reflect the amps that have been identified throughout this thread. If the Rig Pack reflects what had been identified, then I see nothing wrong with also putting out a commercial pack.

Edited once, last by SeanHood: Clarify ().

• Hm, let´s see:

TheAmpFactory Pack 7 “Studio Devils” – 203 Profiles: 90 BP = 112 €uro
    Michael Wagner "Überpack" - 201 Profiles 210 = 157 €uro

Ok, the price for the Überpak is somewhat higher - but it´s not from out of space.
    And of course - noone is forced to buy the MW-pack. ;)
    Manfred

• Hm, let´s see:

TheAmpFactory Pack 7 “Studio Devils” – 203 Profiles: 90 BP = 112 €uro
    Michael Wagner "Überpack" - 201 Profiles 210 = 157 €uro

Ok, the price for the Überpak is somewhat higher - but it´s not from out of space.
    And of course - noone is forced to buy the MW-pack. ;)
    Manfred

You make an excellent point.

I think the issue here with some is expectation. We expected to be able to see/download free MW profiles today. It would have been wise for Kemper to simultaneously release the free ones AND promote the commercials ones.

That way the enthusiasm and excitement for the freebies would only serve to possibly motivate folks to consider the commercial paks.

This could have been marketed in such a way to make everyone happy. Instead, expect to see some unhappy folks posting for a while.

• I'd love to try the free profiles first but I most likely will get the über pack :)
    Hope this does really well and more producers decide to do the same!

Yeah. Hopefully the free versions will be released before the price increase takes place so that people can try them before buying. But I agree with you that I will probably end up buying the über pack too.

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with Kemper / Mr. Wagener charging for these profiles, which I anticipate will be great. However, I agree with those who feel that starting and maintaining this thread in the "Free rigs and profiles" sub-forum has been a misleading tease for the past several months -- if the Rig Pack does not reflect the amps that have been identified throughout this thread. If the Rig Pack reflects what had been identified, then I see nothing wrong with also putting out a commercial pack.

There nothing wrong in selling profiles but the forum administrators didn't allow the promotion of their profiles in this forum to other commercial profilers.

• Hello

I am sorry if I was misunderstood. i mean thank you for your effort and for your amazing contribution and to offer us some free profiles. The way it was announced was just a little disturbing. It was just a matter of communication.

Anyway I am sure your packs will be amazing and I understand perfectly them not to be free. But what I felt was summed up perfectly by Lasvideo some posts ago.

What could be great is you can propose also individual amp profiles or something like AND44 does for i dunno 5 or 10USD per amp...

What is great is you inspired me for my humble new profiling sessions now...

My 2 cents

• It's kinda scary to see the self entitlement these days.
    If you put together the prices of the amps, the time to profile, gear used in the signal chain and the producer behind it..... I would never have dreamed when I first started playing guitar I could access those sounds for that price.

Hell I own over 600 CDs that on average cost $30 a pop...

No one is forcing anyone to buy it and there are FREE profiles being released

• Nothing wrong with selling profiles.
    And it is surely not MW's fault that we haven't seen the free rigs yet, as we have heard it's due to Kemper doing some housekeeping.
    I'm looking forward to hearing experiences of the profiles and, even more trying out the free ones hopefully very soon.

• I'm cool with everything and I'm looking forward to trying the free ones for sure.

As for as price goes, we all interpret value differently. I'm not sure that I'll spring for this but for me this is a hobby. However, I've spent much more on guitar pedals that essentially only give me a couple different tones than this rig pack. The value of being able to get so many tones by buying a profiler, whether it be free or pay is off of the charts compared to the GAS I used to get from the Gear Page.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.