Making-of Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack

• I agree here. If you are gonna buy the MW pack your gonna buy them once you've heard the free ones anyway. If you are in 2 minds the free ones might push you to buy them.... and if your not thinking of buying them then the free ones will do you anyway.

Problem solved now release the free pack :thumbup::P:D;)

o you anyway.

Totally agree with this. In my opinion I wouldn't pay £200 until I've heard how good the free ones are, and tbh, if they're great I wouldn't probably buy more anyway. I mean I can't believe the free ones would purposely be a less quality than the commercial ones, so the free ones will hopefully be fantastic anyway. Of course there may be factors I can't take into consideration as yet, for example what amps are available in the free pack. I must admit I haven't read all 45 odd pages here so maybe this has already been mentioned;)

• Fair enough, I meant $. But anyway, my point is really that I'm just going to wait to try the free ones, which I am sure will be great too:) Although I read MW's reply on the commercial area about the Rokpak saying he's got profiles there that are blends of amps etc, and that sounds pretty exciting;)

• I already bought the studio pack (preordered ) ... so now Im waiting for the free ones and the paid for ones, I dont think releasing the free ones is gonna hurt any paid for sales , more like a teaser if they are great alot of people are likely to pay for more !!

• Fair enough, I meant $. But anyway, my point is really that I'm just going to wait to try the free ones, which I am sure will be great too:) Although I read MW's reply on the commercial area about the Rokpak saying he's got profiles there that are blends of amps etc, and that sounds pretty exciting;)

Honestly, without the ability to run dual profiles I can't see profiling two amps together will be all that accurate as it will just average the gain on each amp, which will sound different than blending a higher gain amp with a cleaner less gain amp for example. The Kemper was modeled to analyze one amp circuit and cab. With two amps you have a lot more complexity in the non-linearities and phase between the two amp signals and I don't see how the Kemper can capture that. I might be wrong though. I think it would be better just to manually re-amp twice through different amp profiles and blend them in the DAW.

• Honestly, without the ability to run dual profiles I can't see profiling two amps together will be all that accurate as it will just average the gain on each amp, which will sound different than blending a higher gain amp with a cleaner less gain amp for example. The Kemper was modeled to analyze one amp circuit and cab. With two amps you have a lot more complexity in the non-linearities and phase between the two amp signals and I don't see how the Kemper can capture that. I might be wrong though. I think it would be better just to manually re-amp twice through different amp profiles and blend them in the DAW.

I think Till's got an excellent commercial profile set, Chimaira, where he blends two sets of amps with some excellent results. Check out the sound clips, the Kemper can do this as long as you mic up both amps the right way.

• Honestly, without the ability to run dual profiles I can't see profiling two amps together will be all that accurate as it will just average the gain on each amp, which will sound different than blending a higher gain amp with a cleaner less gain amp for example. The Kemper was modeled to analyze one amp circuit and cab. With two amps you have a lot more complexity in the non-linearities and phase between the two amp signals and I don't see how the Kemper can capture that. I might be wrong though. I think it would be better just to manually re-amp twice through different amp profiles and blend them in the DAW.

This is an interesting point of view too, but I like the idea of trying it out. Also, I don't primarily use the KPA for recording, I do use it for that, but my primary use is live play. I'm interested in what possibly unique sounds may be available from that perspective. 8o

I think Till's got an excellent commercial profile set, Chimaira, where he blends two sets of amps with some excellent results. Check out the sound clips, the Kemper can do this as long as you mic up both amps the right way.

Wasn't saying you couldn't get excellent results, just those results might not be quite as accurate to the real thing.

• Are we going to be able to check out the promised free pack before the price goes up on the commercial packs?

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .