Making-of Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack

• Maybe they were waiting for the subtle but meaningful changes in sonic response triggered by the new FW. If i had to publish the most important pack of profiles in history and had a FW able to meaningfully change the sound of the profiles I'd be carefully checking every single profile.

This could be a great thrust for the whole Kemper Profiler concept
    8)

• Maybe they were waiting for the subtle but meaningful changes in sonic response triggered by the new FW. If i had to publish the most important pack of profiles in history and had a FW able to meaningfully change the sound of the profiles I'd be carefully checking every single profile.

This could be a great thrust for the whole Kemper Profiler concept
    8)

Isn't the meaningful change the one that only applies to new profiles made using 2.6? I don't think the sub-60Hz fix is going to significantly alter MW's tones.

• Either way... Kemper will be providing the profiles for free, so the "try before you buy" conundrum doesn't really affect them. What MW does with the deadline etc, that's HIS business decision rather than Kemper's.

I can see your point but the whole fact is that the KPA community was promised a free rig pack only to see a commercial pack come out. People have been patient and at times ridiculed while waiting for these profiles. Only to have this happen is pure BS. This type behavior is unacceptable. To me it just looks like someone trying to make a buck. There is no reason why the free profiles could not be made available now before the cost of the commercial profiles goes up. Two words, Rig Exchange. The KPA is a unique product with a tight, small community who support, rave, and demo their KPA's to all their guitar friends and others. We don't deserve this.
    FWIW I think I saw another commercial profiler offer lots of free rigs that you can try that are close to ones he sells. But hey, everyone has their own business plan.
    One good thing is that I have that much more appreciation for everyone that provide free profiles, especially the people that consistently out do themselves every time they make and post a new profile.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Well, here's a more optimistic thing to talk about that no one else has brought up:

... What was Michael's refining process for the profiles? And also - were any of the profiles refined or created using the new 2.6-era firmware?

-djh

• well known fact from marketing studies:

promise nothing and surprise people with a small and unexpected gift -> very positive image!
    promise big time, draw interest, ... -> rising expectations - disappoint by not meeting the expectations -> very negative perception.

simple as that!

90% of the game is half-mental.

• think i sensed which direction this affair was heading and the delay in releasing the free pak until the commercial one is out comes as no surprise,there is still a little time left though so maybe we are premature,but i doubt it,and yes it does all leave a slightly nasty taste in the mouth for some reason.

So you assume that Kemper holds back the free profiles so that MW can make a bigger buck by people waiting to buy until the discount period is over?

Highly doubt it. I don't think either Kemper OR MW is happy with the situation. Kemper don't have any stake in MW's package, they only want the free pack available to further amplifier sales and support the business with killer profiles; NO profit for them in waiting to release it, but no real loss either (apart for maybe some disgruntlement of existing customers). Kemper doesn't strike me as a company that can be rushed :-). MW on the other hand is probably not too happy either, I would think he would want a more elegant product launch.

So I don't think anything "nefarious" is going on here :)

• well known fact from marketing studies:

promise nothing and surprise people with a small and unexpected gift -> very positive image!
    promise big time, draw interest, ... -> rising expectations - disappoint by not meeting the expectations -> very negative perception.

simple as that!

In the end it comes down to this, yes.
    Humans are primates.
    ;)

• ... And lesser ones at times. As Ripley says, "they do not kill each other for a percentage point" :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I can't really understand all this aggressivity. Weird how there's not a single word in the whole "the KPA community was promised a free rig pack only to see a commercial pack come out. People have been patient and at times ridiculed while waiting for these profiles. Only to have this happen is pure BS. This type behavior is unacceptable" statement I could understand or cope with. This seems to come from a mind which is simply alien to mine. I feel like "an anthropologyst on Mars", to quote Oliver Sacks.

What's the problem guys? Are you afraid you will not be given the candies you have been promised? Why should this happen?
    Also, a pre-release, promotional price is quite common in many business fields, regardless the availability of free samples/specimens. What I really can't understand is: would your life or perspective be different/better if there was no free pack? And what if there was no commercial pack?
    I really can't for the sake of myself wrap my head around this kind of behaviours ?(

One day I'll have to translate the story of Joseph, baby Jesus and Maria travelling the country with their donkey into English... If it's not yet available somewhere :D

One day I'll have to translate the story of Joseph, baby Jesus and Maria travelling the country with their donkey into English... If it's not yet available somewhere :D

I agree with what you say, but I think the story was translated before. :)

• vibcroce,
    No aggression here just stating plain facts and the truth, sorry if that upsets you.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .