The best five or six commercial profiles that cover a wide range

• I'm wondering if anyone has worked this out. Ideally, I'd like to make five or six performance mode slots based on amps that cover a wide range of sounds, from sparkling cleans through warm overdrive to classic rock, metal and modern metal.

I think I've settled on the Uberschall or VH4 from the amp factory for the modern metal.

Goldfinger for blues / crunch.

But what are the prettiest sounding clean amps? I don't mind who made them as long as I can buy them.

any other commercial metal / crunch profiles worth checking out?

What is the best Marshall/classic rock profile?

Maybe also a orangy dirty amp for a bit of stoner rock or mastodon?

Thanks!

• Well the thing is that "best" is always subjective. So you won´t actually get a definitive answer here. For metal covering a wide range I´d go right to the Sinmix 5150 SM57 MXR profile. But thats just me.

For Marshall profiles: Get yourself the marshall toolkit from TAF and find the one you like. A bunch of great rock/mid-gain profiles in there.

For Cleans I would go with a SLO100, best cleans I´ve heard.

Again, and this can´t be stressed enough - best is always subjective.

• Off the top of my head I like:

1) Free Exchange guy named AGUS:
    - AC 15 Boost HW (the in-the-room presence makes this one of my favorite profiles of all time on P90 and Humbuckers)

2, 3, 4,5) TheAmpFactory:
    - Bluesbreaker - Pack 6
    - LaneyVC30 - Pack 6
    - Supro 1624T - Pack 2
    - Marshall H/W JTM1 Pa -ck 8

6, 7) MBritt:
    - Dumble - Pack 2
    - CAA PT - Pack 2

8 ) Michael Wagener:
    - Egnater Tweaker - first RokPak

Now there are tons others, especially in these packs here named, but those are just some of my favorites that I use for all sorts of things like getting Eric Clapton's Beano, Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi, The Beatles Revolver stuff like Taxman, Page's Led Zeppelin stuff, plus just great sounding.

My favorite guitar for these are my Humbucking Gibson LP Trad Pro, Humbucking Larrivee RS4, and MM90 (their P90) ErnieBall MusicMan Axis Sport.

They work on other guitars, but those are the ones I often use, so you can see I'm not judging from a Strat Single coil. But TAF I know uses the Strat a lot, so they work on all guitars really.

• My favs are

1. JCM 800 from TAF Marshall Pack. (I think it's call JCM 800 X C2) this is the one I use live it's smooth but raw like a reall JCM800 and needed little tweaking by me to fit it the mix

2. Two Rock from TAF bundle 2 the cleans on this one are awesome and very sparkly. I'd never heard of Two Rock before I got my kemper but I'm glad I have now.

3. CAA PT50 from bundle 7 (I think). This is a mix of a Marshall and a Hi Watt very nice I recommend checking it out :)

4. Diezal from TAF bundle 2 this is defo one of my fave high gain profiles clear and defined .

5. The New Vox AC30 profiles from TAF there are some real gems in this bundle the cleans are super and there is a perfect Muse profile in this pack. Sounds more like Muse than Muse lol :)

• Some great ones mentioned here so far that I totally agree with. I would also add the following:

Sweet Spot Profiles
    Marshall JMP 2203 (profile #1) from the Marshall Vintage Super Pack
    http://www.sweetspotprofiles.c…ge-super-pack-38-profiles

Sweet Spot Profiles
    Marshall JCM800 http://www.sweetspotprofiles.com/products/marshall-jcm-800

These are some of my favorite Marshall profiles outside of TAF, MBritt and Pete's. They can do so much with just the guitar volume knob.