2.4.0 out now

• Bit late at night to run down to update but I'm on it in the morning, I was finding the truncated serial number irritating for no rational reason...OCD I guess.

haha, same here....I always want everything to be perfect and working 100%....actually, I just downloaded it and the Zip file info also states the new Beta Version#...updating as I am typing...and done...9683B...and serial # is showing completely now

G

• If I am new to the Kemper, wondering if I should upgrade? Will this change the sound of all the default profiles? Or does it only change the sound if you have tweaked cabinets yourself?

• If I am new to the Kemper, wondering if I should upgrade? Will this change the sound of all the default profiles? Or does it only change the sound if you have tweaked cabinets yourself?

It doesn't change the sound of the default profiles as the cabs' parameters in these are unaltered AFAIK.

• I am glad that you like the good old Cabinet Shift parameters.
    But be aware that this is more like a rediscoverage of those parameters.
    They have not changed their overall character and intensity at all.

The only difference to previous version is, that the overall result might differ a bit by frequency responce, which is not necessarily an improvement, and no drawback. It was a technical necessity and we had the duty to inform you about that.

In detail:
    Rigs with active LowShift or HighShift might differ a bit with the new firmware.
    Rigs that have those parameters at zero do not differ (and that is the usual setting).

I guess I will highlight some forgotten parameters with every firmware update, to bring it back to your mind.
    Have you ever tried the parameter "Squash" in the Stomp Compressor on a clean sound rig? It's unique! :)