RM 1.0.5 Release is pushing me to update FW to beta version 2.4.0

• My KPA is on Release FW 2.3.3. Today I fired up my RM beta #4 - it said it expired and I have to download new version of RM, so I installed RM Release 1.0.5. But it pushes me to update my KPA to public beta 2.4.0 . I don't want to go to 2.4.0 as I am happy with stable release 2.3.3 and I plan to stay there until any must have feature will appear in some of the new betas. I am sure, that stable release of RM, should not push you to upgrade to FW which is called beta. I would expect Kemper to match RM release version with FW release version. The reason I am not willing to go to beta FW are those issues with changed sound in v2.3.1. I want to play my KPA and not beta-test it. Anyone with similiar problem?

EDIT: I got RM beta#4 running even after April 28th. Just use this utility: Run As Date and set it to run RM with pre April 28th date.
    Settings I used:
    [Blocked Image: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2d85dnq.jpg]

This is just a workaround, I still think Kemper should keep release versions of FW and RM in sync, or at least don't push you to beta FWs.

EDIT #2:
    RM beta #4 can be downloaded HERE
    I uploaded it there to help others, as it is no longer available on official Kemper download section.

I still think, Kemper should release RM beta#4 without the date limit to help their customers. It should not take more time than 10-15 minutes. :)

Edited 2 times, last by Peto: Found temporary workaround ().

• you are right and it will not happen in the future anymore. the current version of rig manager is a release build and it does not time out. we only do this with beta versions.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• G String, thank you for quick response. I am glad it will be OK in the future.
    Don't you plan to release RM 1.0.5 which does not require fw 2.4.0 and will work with 2.3.3 Release?

• Don't you plan to release RM 1.0.5 which does not require fw 2.4.0 and will work with 2.3.3 Release?

Rig Manager 1.0 Release requires functionality which is only available in firmware 2.4 or higher. spoiler alert ... 2.4 is not the end of the line ;)
    gs

• you are right and it will not happen in the future anymore. the current version of rig manager is a release build and it does not time out. we only do this with beta versions.
    gs

Thanks GS.. I was more than kinda bummed when I was forced, through software expiration, to upgrade RM... and yet again forced to upgrade my profiler... A real pain that I was not prepared to do at the time, in a session... so all of a sudden, there was no RM for reviewing profiles on the profiler... so much for the value of RM...

I get software development... did it for 28 years... one critical it developers should consider is the unexpected impact of forced changes on the user and then plan appropriately.. in this case, it would have made sense to just let users use their beta software until they are ready to upgrade.... instead of forcing change and shutting down a studio's production time, which wasn't absolutely critical.

Thanks again for hopefully good news for our future!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Thanks GS.. I was more than kinda bummed when I was forced, through software expiration, to upgrade RM... and yet again forced to upgrade my profiler... A real pain that I was not prepared to do at the time, in a session... so all of a sudden, there was no RM for reviewing profiles on the profiler... so much for the value of RM...

all of a sudden is strange, you should have got a a warning two or three days before. we don't let the betas expire without a reason: from what we learned over the years, many people don't update their beta versions and work with software which is more buggy than it needs to be. our release versions don't expire of course.
    best, gs

• all of a sudden is strange, you should have got a a warning two or three days before. we don't let the betas expire without a reason: from what we learned over the years, many people don't update their beta versions and work with software which is more buggy than it needs to be. our release versions don't expire of course.
    best, gs

Well.. all I can say is, I don't use RM everyday... it's only in my workflow when I need it. in this case, I'd already recorded the guitar tracks the week before and felt like the guitar needed to be slightly cleaner, so reamping and a review of some profiles was appropriate and potentially exciting for the client.. I was stoked to have a little RM fun with the new RM integrated workflow. (so I turned the PC on; it's all I use the PC for LOL)

So I'm not familiar with the warning system that you're deploying... but I didn't get a warning.. only a locked up RM.... and pain... and a little embarrassment.

Still, I just went back to my "goto rigs" and tweaked GRS's H&K... I love this Kemper!!!! (it's all good GS) :thumbup:

Gettin' funky up in here..

• ust use this utility: Run As Date and set it to run RM with pre April 28th date.

I can only discourage you from trick. It will cause a lot of trouble, since the current date and time are used to distinguish between versions. When you are faking a date you might experience data corruption, wrong sort orders and all kinds of trouble.

• I can only discourage you from trick. It will cause a lot of trouble, since the current date and time are used to distinguish between versions. When you are faking a date you might experience data corruption, wrong sort orders and all kinds of trouble.

I wouldn't need to use this workaround, if Kemper didn't cut my access to it. Come on, it's one month old issue. RunAsDate is setup to return to actual date after 1 second, so it changes date only to fool that time expiration. I don't have any issues running it this way.

• I can only discourage you from trick. It will cause a lot of trouble, since the current date and time are used to distinguish between versions. When you are faking a date you might experience data corruption, wrong sort orders and all kinds of trouble.

What data corruption are you talking about? RE?
    Please be more specific - for now it appears only to trick the startup routine for a second that otherwise forces people to use 1.0.5 whch forces people to deal with the unwanted rating pop-up and an unwanted Beta-OS.

90% of the game is half-mental.