Top Jimi: '63 Vox AC30 and '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb

• Just finished profiles for two grail amps -- an original 1963 Vox AC30 (20 profiles) and an original 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb (21 profiles).

The speakers in the AC30 are original, and the amp had a top boost circuit added at some point in its life. Copper control panel. One of my favorite amps I've ever played through. The speakers give it a different tonal flavor from our 2000's AC30 head we profiled a while back. Unreal tone.

The Deluxe Reverb has a 1950's 12" alnico Jensen speaker. The high-end chime makes this my all-time favorite clean tone. I love the gritty overdrive when this amp is cranked up. Paired it with a Tube Screamer for a few profiles for some real cool rock tones.
    I think these are some of the best profiles we've made. Hope you like 'em!

Jimi

http://www.topjimi.com/profiles.html

• I have a newbie question. As I understand it, you sell profiles , NOT rigs. Is that correct?

So far Ive been using existing & downloaded rigs. I havent yet explored building rigs from profiles and cabs. It sounds fairly straight forward. Anything I should know when using your profiles to build rigs? How best to choose the optimal cabs to use them with? Thanks for your input.

• Really excellent profiles, I've spent whole evening playing them. Work well with all sorts of guitars. I like how you recorded (captured) them, they seem more in my face/less mid honk than your previous ones - might be the amps tho.

• Bought the 63 ac30, very impressed. I think I like this better than your first ac30 profile. Sounds absolutely huge and REALLY raw. The signature vox top end chime and grit shines on these, probably more than any other ac30 profiles I've heard, great job. Can't say enough about the rawness and how true this seems to a real 63 ac30. These sound bigger than the other ac30 you did as well. The new cabinet parameters are absolutely fantastic with these, as I tend to like more low end resounance/thump than some of your profiles offer, and to me turning down the low end cab parameter to around -2.5 or so or may -2.0 sounds ALOT more natural than trying to pinpoint what bass frequencies I want to boost, great job to kemper on this, fantastic job. Doing this instead of adding bass or a graphic eq post amp is much more natural and exactly what I'm looking for, I do this with a few of your Marshall profiles as well now. Anyways once again absolutely fantastic job, can't wait to try these live!

• Hi all

also my impression (see VESmedic1). Both new profiles sounds much more raw and somehow direct and real vs. similar profiles. It sounds like it is tuned to sound what you here when you are in the room with the amp and not like the processed thing through all the recording chain. Totally impressed

• Thanks guys for the great feedback. The primary difference between the two AC30 profiles I have available is the speaker used. The modern AC30 head was profiled with old 25W Greenbacks, and the '63 AC30 with the original speakers. The originals add more bite and chime to the sound, as you guys have noticed. The Deluxe had a fabulous-sounding 1950's alnico Jensen installed. Just great amps!

• Thanks guys for the great feedback. The primary difference between the two AC30 profiles I have available is the speaker used. The modern AC30 head was profiled with old 25W Greenbacks, and the '63 AC30 with the original speakers. The originals add more bite and chime to the sound, as you guys have noticed. The Deluxe had a fabulous-sounding 1950's alnico Jensen installed. Just great amps!

I bought both AC30 sets and have to agree. The more modern was is good and love the new one. Thanks for your killer profiles.

BTW,

I posted a new vid clip of your awesome Marshall Mark II Lead 50w. Seriously, I love your Marshall profiles. This was done strictly just to show dynamics of the guitar and amp profile. You don't have to by any means but you are welcome to use it as a demo vid if needed.

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/size][/font][/color]