Status of Rig Manager!

• What is the status of the RM these days?

Im on a Mac but have a PC I can use to run RM. Until now Ive been managing files using the USB stick with techniques shared on the wiki site.

Is it stabile / functional enough to warrant me using it for simple organizational tasks ?

If not Im OK waiting for the Mac version.

• I am not having a problem with it since it's non-beta release.

But you should know that if you do not have the same name in the RM as you do in the Kemper, it does strange things to your Kemper. I think I lost all my Favourites because of it.

So do a backup of your Kemper just in case you run into this, unless it's been fixed.

I think it's great though. Loading and checking out rigs without having to load them first then delete them in the KPA. I can just pre-view them in a folder I create, then copy them to the Kemper Folder if I want them on the KPA.

My only problem with this is if you are 3 pages down in the Free Exchange and copy/paste you have to go to the Kemper folder and when you return to the Free Exchange folder you are at the top again. Quite annoying, especially with over 4000+ profiles! I wish there was a way to copy/paste to another folder without leaving the folder you are in, but this is still software in it's infancy.

• Hi Lasvideo.

You can delete multiple rigs from your Profiler using Rig Manager. Backups still need to be done directly from the Profiler to a USB drive. Check out Rig Manager, it's worth while :thumbup: . Be sure to make a back up as proposed by db9091, enter your kemper site login data and user name registered on your Profiler. Enjoy.

• Thanks Hell-G.

I find it rather odd that I cant just back up the kemper to the PC using the RM. Backup and restore from computer is a pretty basic function for most managing software.

• If I was primarily Mac (well, I am actually, but I do record on PC and Mix on Mac often) but had PC capability, I'd still use the Rig Manager even though I'd have to do backups via USB.

First, shove a USB in the Kemper and leave it there Unless you have to move the unit a lot and risk damaging the port.

Second, use the Rig Manager.

1. Previewing is a double click.
    2. You can filter and sort profiles in a second.
    3. The Free Exchange by itself is a one-by-one download, after a log-in, that goes to the USB stick, that loads slowly, that you load THEN preview, THEN delete/keep, very time consuming compared to the Rig Manager. Won't be doing that anymore! The Rig Manager saves you literally HOURS of work.
    4. Rig Manager allows for creation of Folders for Organization, and you can copy/paste whole sets of profiles to your Kemper at once.
    5. Rig Manager is pretty stable now. Haven't seen mine crash.
    6. I can also see and alter what's in my Favourites folder at a glance
    7. You can see and sort by rating if that's interesting to you.
    8. I highly suspect any creations of folders etc that you make will be stored as a database, which you can then port to your Mac folder when that versions becomes available. I hope! Otherwise people will bitch they have to maintain two versions who go between OS's.

• you can drag drop rigs from Rig Manager into a Windows Explorer window for whatever destination folder you want, and it will make/copy the .kipr files in the destination folder. So you could select all the rigs from your KPA and quickly back them up to your local machine, they just aren't wrapped inside an archive. If you want a backup, I'd just make a folder with its name as the current date and copy the rigs into there.

RigManager does not deal at all with presets, so you can't back those up (or import them) via RM.

• well... everybody already knows my position...... but with that said, I am using RM on a PC/notebook and it's been very helpful with organizing or librarian type stuff. So if you have a PC laying around, such as I, it'd be worth considering going ahead and giving it a whirl... I think you'll enjoy the features it has. Don't worry so much about it's shortcomings.. or what it doesn't have. Think of the glass as half full!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• My only problem with this is if you are 3 pages down in the Free Exchange and copy/paste you have to go to the Kemper folder and when you return to the Free Exchange folder you are at the top again. Quite annoying, especially with over 4000+ profiles! I wish there was a way to copy/paste to another folder without leaving the folder you are in, but this is still software in it's infancy.

i'm not certain if i understand you right but you can simply drag the rig in question to another location and the focus will not change.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Please make so that the selected rig always stay in focus, this way it is easy to just select the collum you want to sorter, and everything stays in focus.

Eks. Stand on a rig from autor xxx and Press collum autor then you have all the rigs from that autor. But as it is now you have to scroll like 10 page to find the selected rig again becorse everything jump around

Just my 2 cent :)