Midi-Control the Kemper (advanced?)

• Ah ok... I think I get closer :)
    It's a LogiLink interface, a really cheap one...

I've connected the Logilink Midi Out to my RME Fireface MIDI In to see whats going on there and this seems to be the problem. Control Changes reaches the other side as I can see in MIDI OX but SysEx doesn't go through. Now I get quickly on track to grab some normal MIDI cables for connecting the Kemper direct to my RME... :)

• This LogiLink USB2MIDI Interface was the problem... now it works like a charm :D

Thank you all for your help :)

Now it's time to get my Android KPA controller done, Implementation is finished, now I've got to code some little user interface. Because of cross compile capabilities it should be also running under Win, Mac, iPhone and Unix. If I can get my hands on a Mac I will also compile it for Apple based systems. :) When the first versions are done I post the executables if someone is interested in it.

• I'd love to check this out as well. I have a windows editor/remote control app that I've been working on, but between the day job, home life and playing music, time to work on it is somewhat limited. Keep us updated with your progress! :)

• I'm not sure if it's "alpha-state" ready but I've made some progress on an Android App. It works quite well and now I have to think about which are the best fitting touch input ui elements. Dial knobs are a mess on touch devices, faders could be too big... perhaps I try some increase/decrease buttons with the option to overlay a fader for some parameters.

• You

I'm not sure if it's "alpha-state" ready but I've made some progress on an Android App. It works quite well and now I have to think about which are the best fitting touch input ui elements. Dial knobs are a mess on touch devices, faders could be too big... perhaps I try some increase/decrease buttons with the option to overlay a fader for some parameters.

You can go with dial knobs and translate linear movement to value change -
    so you'd be pressing the dial and 'sliding' right or up to increase value, and left or down to decrease.
    Might take some adaptation of the UI, but it's easy to implement and should work great.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Quitty: I thought about that too, I think I'll give it a try, you are right, it's easy to implement. One benefit is, that I can adjust the value resolution. One problem in most remote touch applications is (in my opinion) that it's sometimes hard to dial in small, precise value steps. And for the Kemper I need this, mostly I want to increase or decrease gain or eq in a range of +- 2.0.