TAF-Bundle8 Now available!

• Its just a shame people have lost interest in TheAmpFactory these days sadly. guessing there is lots of other cool stuff about.

well that surprises me,i had the impression that TheAmpFactory was the first port of call for commercial profile buyers.probably what you say is right and there is just a lot of very good stuff around now which spreads out the sales amongst all the "rival" companies.
    also a lot of us who have been owners for a while have got our own firm favourites by now and are a bit reluctant to start filling up with new stuff,especially stuff you gotta pay for when there are so many excellent free rigs on the exchange. keep going though,wish you well :)

well that surprises me,i had the impression that TheAmpFactory was the first port of call for commercial profile buyers.probably what you say is right and there is just a lot of very good stuff around now which spreads out the sales amongst all the "rival" companies.
    also a lot of us who have been owners for a while have got our own firm favourites by now and are a bit reluctant to start filling up with new stuff,especially stuff you gotta pay for when there are so many excellent free rigs on the exchange. keep going though,wish you well :)

My personal experience of buying profiles is not just getting the profiles but the whole customer service :)

When I first got my KPA around 14 months ago I recieved bundle 2 from the amp factory at half price as a deal I got from Andertons. This bundle had some excellent amps in and I was very happy I then invested in some single amp profiles and once again I was blown away especially with the price aswell what's £5 for 6-8 profiles of one amp :) a few times I've emailed Andy regarding a certain sound / profile I'm after and he's been a great help and he really does know his gear. Like I've said in many threads I'm a big TAF fan not only just of the profiles but the support to. I know we now have the rig exchange but hey supporting a company that has good business practise is worth supporting. :)

I've listened to the samples of pack 8 and some of them sound awesome especially the Redplate CDS3 I'm even debating buying a start as I know Andy uses one for most of his profiles ;)

Keep up the great work Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I wont give up, I realize that this would happen eventually, lots of other vendors, RE getting better, and of course the sheer amount of profiles (sure some of that is my fault for supplying the demand with so much), but ultimately, it costs me a lot of money and resource to produce packs.. MORE than you think it will, especially to run a business from it also..

Its just a shame that the decline of sales, has been at the peek of my profiles, as the prophet once said... if I go out.. I'd rather leave with a smile on my face!

In the meantime, Im still here supporting anyone & everyone!. as I still have so much to offer, at a loss or not! Hoo-Rahh!

• I'm loving the Redplate CDS3, Toneking Skyking and Swart.
    I better just get them all....
    Amp Factory profiles are the best imo
    I'll be the fool at the front of the line every time Andy releases something new!

Emilio
    thewhispers.com

• I wont give up, I realize that this would happen eventually, lots of other vendors, RE getting better, and of course the sheer amount of profiles (sure some of that is my fault for supplying the demand with so much), but ultimately, it costs me a lot of money and resource to produce packs.. MORE than you think it will, especially to run a business from it also..

Its just a shame that the decline of sales, has been at the peek of my profiles, as the prophet once said... if I go out.. I'd rather leave with a smile on my face!

In the meantime, Im still here supporting anyone & everyone!. as I still have so much to offer, at a loss or not! Hoo-Rahh!

You have been so modest. I think the Kemper has achieved it's speedy success ahead of schedule in large part to your efforts.

But for me personally, helping selflessly with my profiling, and amp choice needs, and discussions about mic'ing technique, you are much appreciated by me and a very good part of the fun in this community!

• Andy, I already have x3 of your packs and will also be getting myself pack 8. It is hard to believe that you are seeing a decline in sales and it is a real shame.
    Personally you are my 'go-to' profiles and without you the world of KPA would not be the same. You should go down in history mate.

Keep it up :D

• At the risk of repeating myself, which my wife will tell you I apparently do regularly, I think it's cos I'm sure she isn't listening the first time, this amazing unit has revolutionised guitar playing, but is only as good as the profiles it uses

I have followed Andy's progress over the last couple of years and watched as he developed an expertise that makes him one of the best profilers in the world

His work has provided us with enlightenment and delight as it has unlocked the potential of this beautiful box

I know he has worked really hard,for not a huge amount of financial return, to develop these skills and make these profiles available, and without a doubt this latest pack is the absolute pinnacle of what can be done with profiles ans stunning amps

He needs, and deserves, our support, you've got to get behind this pack guys, cos while he needs us, believe me, you need this pack more, don't pass it by

• "He needs, and deserves, our support, you've got to get behind this pack guys, cos while he needs us, believe me, you need this pack more, don't pass it by".

Honestly, I support vendors whos products make me want to by them.

With all due respect, I spent hours the other day listening to profiles from all the major vendors. I then listened to , when available, the free ones on my Kemper. And finally, I looked for files more associated with certain musicians or performances/songs. It maybe just me, but I dont respond with enthusiasm to just lists of equipment. Im sure that others may feel differently.

When I found a vendor that actually got me excited about using their rigs, thats where I spent my money. I like the fact that Petes Profiles are done by a consumate musician in a manner that gives me lots of options with the profiles.

Im sure other vendors work just as hard with equal skill and commitment.

Edited 2 times, last by lasvideo ().

• Don't get me wrong, I'm sure, and indeed know, there a whole bunch of guys who do great profiles, and have developed their own skills and expertise. I'm pretty sure I've tried most of their profiles at some time or another, so as always in this guitar universe, it does come down to personal taste, and thank god for the differences that make us individuals

The reason I've been so vocal is that this pack in particular has a resonance and quality I've not heard before, and i cannot recommend it highly enough, and as we all do when we discover something exciting, wanted to share my enthusiasm

It is really well worth checking out, given the increasingly crowded world of profiles, commercial and free, I just wanted to encourage you all to at least give it a listen, I think it's the best I've ever heard, so didn't want people to miss out from at least giving it a consideration

• Hi all,

When I bought my Kemper, I got a 1/2 price Amp Factory bundle deal with Andertons here in the UK. For this reason, I've never been without a good range of Amp Factory profiles. I've since bought quite a few more and each time a new bundle comes out I pick a handful and buy them. I've bought other commercials too and use rig exchange / factory but I would still say that 80-90% of my playing time spent on the Kemper is using amp factory. For this reason, I'm very grateful for the work Andy has done and I hope it continues to be viable. I'll continue buying amps that take my interest.

I do have a couple of thoughts on the website.....

Of the commercial profiles, I have to say the Amp Factory site 'looks the best'. I really like the descriptions and the sound samples.

What I don't like is 'how on earth do I find stuff?'. Basically, if you want an AC30, you have to go to 8 (and growing!) lists of amps and scroll through them.

I understand the bundle mentality BUT the website also needs a tab where the amps are listed alphabetically. I think this would really help if you could browse the entire range in one place.

Another thought on the decline..... The last couple of packs have featured a much higher percentage of 'boutique and unusual' vs earlier packs. This is both good and bad. Now I've had my Kemper for a while, I am very interested in unusual amps and so these are good for me. But I don't know where to start! Until the Kemper and Amp Factory, I had never heard of Tungston or Redplate. That will surprise some folks but that's how it is. I now enjoy the fact I can try things that I'd previously never heard of. But when I first got my Kemper, I wanted the best Marshall 800, Fender Twin, AC30 etc. The 'basics'. I know what they should sound like and just want the best of each. But now I have them.

So what I'm getting at is that a lot of the market will want 'the best quality version of the classics that is available'. Then it moves on to 'I want something different'. But with the something different amps I personally don't know where to start so you find that, whilst I buy them, I wait for a pack to be out for a while and then buy a selection based on forum buzz here. So I bought the Tungston Buckwheet and the Dirty Shirley from pack 7 based purely on recommendations here......

With a boutique pack like this, I can't justify £90 when I've no experience of any of them. I can justify £15 to grab a few once in a while and that's what I do.

Might not be a popular or desirable suggestion but perhaps do a 'bread and butter' pack of 'all the classics'? Basically a pack that covers all the well-known amps out there..... They don't even need to be new. Just put together your best Vox, best jcm etc and see if it sells. No effort apart from a few quid to your web guy. I would bet you'd sell a few to new Kemper users who have been chasing classic tones their whole life..... Giving them a one-click solution might just work out for you.

Whatever, I hope you continue as being able to give you a small amount of money for the fun of a great profile is something that gives me a lot of pleasure and I'm not alone :)

• well ive just popped for the tworocks and tonekings, cant try them out yet as decorating. that's what I love about TAF is these are the best and most expensive amps I could never wish to play through.

if all you want is a marshall/fender/vox its really been done a million times, including TAF. the packs are there in front of you, all you have do is scroll through the packs and listen. Really how hard is that and im not sure what else the provider is supposed to do? A tip I do is have a few windows up with different bundle number pages, you can hear the bundles literally side by side and compare. Some bundles I prefer over other others, not just due to the amps but I prefer the capture of them, buts that's down to sheer choice really. they don't all hit the mark but if I come across a 'golden' profile that hits the spot then i'm happy to play the percentages

how many times can you profile a marshall jcm800 and keep people excited about the next one? Maybe we've gotten to used to having a good thing, I know a big part of my enjoyment so far with the kemper has been many profiles from Andy

• well ive just popped for the tworocks and tonekings, cant try them out yet as decorating. that's what I love about TAF is these are the best and most expensive amps I could never wish to play through.

if all you want is a marshall/fender/vox its really been done a million times, including TAF. the packs are there in front of you, all you have do is scroll through the packs and listen. Really how hard is that and im not sure what else the provider is supposed to do? A tip I do is have a few windows up with different bundle number pages, you can hear the bundles literally side by side and compare. Some bundles I prefer over other others, not just due to the amps but I prefer the capture of them, buts that's down to sheer choice really. they don't all hit the mark but if I come across a 'golden' profile that hits the spot then i'm happy to play the percentages

how many times can you profile a marshall jcm800 and keep people excited about the next one? Maybe we've gotten to used to having a good thing, I know a big part of my enjoyment so far with the kemper has been many profiles from Andy

Andy has mentioned that things aren't selling as well as they used to. I think most people (including the man himself) are of the opinion that the later pack quality is better than the early ones and, as we all know, the bulk of the early stuff was already superb.

So if the quality is better yet they are not selling then you need to ask 'why'. Price wise, he's same / cheaper than the others out there and word of mouth here does him a lot of good.

So if the quality is better and the price is right, you've got to look at 'what can be improved that you can control'. The only answer is the website hence my suggestions.

I think new users might go for a 'best of the classics' bundle and for those of us who have already got plenty of JCM 800's I really think Andy should do another tab where you can scroll through the lot. I know that having to look through 8 bundles is a 'first world' problem but the current lack of using something as tried and tested as the alphabet can't really be seen as a good thing. IMO of course :)

It's feedback from me, a regular customer, and it's not intended as a complaint..... It's intended as a 'here's something you can think about that might help you' because I want his business to thrive, not struggle :thumbup:

Oh, and I'll be interested on your thoughts on the tone kings - I've a couple from earlier packs and I love them :)

• hmm, some interesting concepts in this thread.
    Gary, FWIW we are looking into this now, there is a search bar, but that's only useful if you know exactly what you want. but as we added more & more packs, we saw this the same problem as you. - so we are trying a new method when we switch over to the new server it should be live, at the prototype stage atm. - and things shall/should/hopefully become easy to find what you need. - i.e click by manufacture, gain type (low/high) etc etc.

And also want to say thanks for the support, and for those that kindly send me a lot of emails!. really appreciate your effort to jump in.

I guess im feeling sad for my own reasons, Im coming up to my 2nd year anniversary for TAF. and want to celebrate the occasion well, but with the lack of, well lets just say I'd of wanted it to be a happy moment, rather than a concerning one.

• 95% of the time I use TAF profiles simply because they are amazing! My Kemper without your profiles Andy would be not the same... Your idea to create a forum where the Amp Factory users, once log in, could freely share rigs, artist's songs tones etc. could be a good move and brings your packs to their most desirable level! :)

• You are still a newbie. You've had one month to get used to the Kemper, and only recently started into Commercial profiles. I've played 80% of Pete's stuff, 80% of TAF's stuff, and 25% of SoundSide's Stuff, 100% of Tills, and about 70% of Top Jimi, etc. BTW, this isn't cheap either. I've easily dropped $700 on commercial profiles.

For many here, I've had the unit shy of 1.5 years. others coming up on 2.5 years, we have seen Commercial profilers start, evolve, and flourish. Pete used to give his away for free. Jimi Top is the latest quality profiler. But initially, it was Andy and Armin, TAF and SoundSide who offered the best quality commercial profiles.

Andy gave free profiles, some now are part of the Stock set. Andy has a bunch on his website and continues to give free profiles. He will respond to PM's and give you help with your profiling, EQ'ing, presets, settings, etc, etc quite selflessly, as he will give his "Trade Secrets" away without fear, since his genius is his Ear. That's his money maker and he can't give that to you.

TAF profiles started out as some of the best profiles made. And his profiling has evolved and gotten better. While others have profiles of similar quality, TAF's has the best "Bang for the Buck". Where some others have a 1 in 10 keeper, or 3 in 10 keeper, Andy's is more like 8 in 10. He is the Meat and Potatoes of most buyer's collections.

The FIRST MISTAKE to make in Commercial Buying is to go by Previews. Previews will give you the flavour of an amp. But not what YOU will sound like with that Amp. Not by a long shot for most. So if you think a profile's quality is directly related to it's preview, toss that notion out right now! Judging by previews is like judging nutrition by cover art on packaging.

A profile will become a keeper to you when YOU play it, with YOUR guitar, or record with YOUR equipment. And for those of us who have done that, TAF looms large. There is still enough room for SoundSide, Pete and Top Jimi, Tills, etc. They produce quality and amazing stuff.

But someone often is the best. And they are often the best by a long shot. The Michael Jordans. The Tiger Woods (well, not so much lately, ha ha). The Lionel Messi's. And for Commercial Profilers, TAF is tops, hands down, whether you want to accept that or not.

Andy is a competent sound engineer professional, with great studio gear at his disposal, who is equally respected on the Fractal side as well as the Kemper side for his Golden Ear and Quality Profiles and IR's.

So, take your time, enjoy Pete's stuff (whose Marshals excel with my LP), try Armin's too (Who's Deluxe's are, well, Deluxe!). But pretty much the first advice you read on forums about the Kemper is "Get some TAF" profiles. There's a reason behind that. And it isn't because of feelings and good will. It's because they are solid products, through and through.