Cannot use the tap button anymore because of the beat detection feature (Firmware 2.3.3., Uno4Kemper FCB)

• Hi everybody,

I just updated my Kemper to firmware 2.3.3., now the tap button on the FCB just turns the beat detection on and off.
    I bought the FCB plus Uno4Kemper used and don't know which chip version i've got.

I read that the problem should be fixed with 2.3.2. and onwards - not in my case unfortunatly.

What can I do? I just want to tap in my delays as I could before.

• I had the same problem with my all access pedal board.
    Easy fix actually. You probably have your tap button on your pedal board sending on/off messages to the Kemper, so press 1 sends on , press 2 sends off. Before the beat detection feature was enabled this worked ok, but not now.

The fix is this.... set your tap button to send off messages only, on the all access I changed the setting from sending values 0 and 127 to 0 and 0. Tap now works as expected.

Hope this helps.
    Mike

• He's using U4K, so he can't change how the button is set up.

However, I've got the second-newest version of the chip and tap tempo was working fine the last time I checked. I'll try to give it a go when I get home today.

Yep, that's the problem. Nobody else seems to experience this, though, maybe I overlooked something? A setting? I'm clueless. And this is important, I got to play several shows in the next weeks. Only option I see at the moment is downgrading to an earlier Firmware.

EDIT: One more detail: I'm using Browse-Mode. Performance mode is buggy for me with the U4K board (the board get's "stuck" regularly)

• Strange, we already had this discussion and with 2.3.3 the problem should be solved.

I don't have any problems since 2.3.3 and I'm using UnO4K v1.2, maybe your chip or your FCB are not ok. I've used the FCB for a long tour in performance-mode and I didn't have one single problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().