How to get Kemper output into iPad?

• Do any of you use your Kemper with an iPad - if so, how are you doing it?

Presumably the ideal way would be to use the SPDIF from the kemper straight into the iPad somehow, but I'm not sure that's possible. Alternatively I could buy an iRig or an Apogee Jam or something along those lines, but they usually take guitar level signals. Does the kemper output at guitar level at all, or would even the headphone jack clip the iRig/Jam?

I'm an iOS developer and I'm adding looper functionality to my app so ideally I want an easy solution, but one that sounds good enough for app demo's.

Thanks a lot

• there's lots of USB interfaces that work with the iPad/iPhone.. I've used everything from a cheap Shure X2u, Presonus AudioBox, Apogee Duet II, there's lots of them.. Since you're a looper guy take a look at Loopy!! It's a fantastic looper app and integrates with AudioBus for multiple apps running concurrently..

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Thanks a lot for your help, this forum has a great community. I think I'll go for the Jam, it seems to have pretty solid reviews from everybody. The only complaint I saw was that it clipped at quite low levels.

Yea the Loopy app is brilliant, the one I'm working on is a bit different and more guitar-specific

• My main crits of the Jam are that it's pretty flimsy and sometimes the ipad has difficulty seeing it, the other thing is that you can't charge your ipad at the same time, though usually that's not a big problem. Otherwise it's great.

• I'm thinking of getting the Line6 Sonic Port.
    I guess that the Jam probably have slightly better converters, it's an Apogee after all, but for guitar purposes I don't think I notice a difference.

What makes the Sonic Port float to the top in the competition between Apogees and IK multimedias offerings for me is that it has its own D/A and a dedicated stereo line-out so I don't have to use the headphone output on the device to connect to any external amplification.

I see the combination of the Sonic Port + IKs BlueBoard + Bias/JamUp as nice backup/one-of-gig portable rig.

• I've looked into Line6 Sonic Port, ApogeeJam, Irig Pro before buying my kemper. As far as I understand these Ipad interfaces are to be used with clean signal coming from your guitar, and then using an app like amplitube or Bias/JamUp Pro.

Has anyone tried to record with the kemper on the ipad using an interface like ApogeeJam, Irig Pro?
    Isn't the level too loud(especially if you're using a distorsion from kemper) ? Doesn't it clip?

Thanks for your feedback.

• Has anyone tried to record with the kemper on the ipad using an interface like ApogeeJam, Irig Pro?
    Isn't the level too loud(especially if you're using a distorsion from kemper) ? Doesn't it clip?

what software are you using on the iPad for recording tracks? I have a couple and can adjust the track input volume without issues.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I invested in a apogee duet IOS. Woks we'll, wouldn't get to hung up on the SPDIF, my ears can't tell the difference.

Having the Maestro App on the ipad itself and the ability to charge while using are the main benefits over using units through the camera connection kit.

Hope that helps.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.