Recommendation Output Levels

• What are the best Output level settings for optimized signal-to-noise-ratio? for studio and/or live situation

Main-Output, Monitor-Output, SPDIF, etc.

I have some problems with overloading the Output section (red LED) with my selfcreated Profiles ?(

• I am at half on the Master Volume, zero on the Preset Volume, Main Output at -13.00, and Monitor Output at -13.00. I play with very high gain profile so I use both the Master Gate and insert the 4:1 gate in Slot A. Not sure how much gain you are running but my gates are set at 5.20 and 3.40. Also, clean sense is 3.30.

I have no noise or hiss, and when I stop it slams shut. If you play with less gain you can certainly adjust the gates. Hope this helps much better than a canned response of "try it yourself" or "what exactly are you using and trying to do."

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”

• I am at half on the Master Volume, zero on the Preset Volume, Main Output at -13.00, and Monitor Output at -13.00. I play with very high gain profile so I use both the Master Gate and insert the 4:1 gate in Slot A. Not sure how much gain you are running but my gates are set at 5.20 and 3.40. Also, clean sense is 3.30.

I have no noise or hiss, and when I stop it slams shut. If you play with less gain you can certainly adjust the gates. Hope this helps much better than a canned response of "try it yourself" or "what exactly are you using and trying to do."

That's very informative for me. I will give it a try with your settings, though I use mostly low-gain sounds. Looks like as I have to reduce the Master Volume, thanks a lot

Wow - don't you find your sound altered by those hi gate settings? Maybe you're full out volume-wise so it's not so affected. Just curious 8)

Gary ô¿ô

• I have some problems with overloading the Output section (red LED) with my selfcreated Profiles ?(

Just lower the Volume knob (not the Master Knob): that's the rig volume. You can decide to resave it, it will retain the new settings. Then you can raise the Master (or the power amp) to compensate for the volume.
    Another reason why a rig can be too high i volume is because some stomps have their own volume set too high: this would be an alternative way to control the overall rig volume.

• I use high gain a lot too and live with some noise rather than let the noise gates squash my sustain, maybe some day I'll get it all perfected. I have the Master gate set to 2.0 or less and have an optional 4:1 noise gate set to zero on all my presets for when I coil tap. My new axe is alot noisier so what I've done on most presets is roll off a tiny bit of gain, just enough to calm the hum down and then rolled back on Clarity in Amp section to get some of it back. Clarity on my high gain patches is normally set to about 4.7 with gain at about 80%, the clarity really helps, seems to improve a lot of the mud associated with the original amps in many cases. So rolling it back isn't the best solution in the long run I'm sure.

• I find if the gating is too high - you get the 'meshuggah' effect on single notes - where the gate cuts right after the note and it can be a little artificial - unless that's what you want and the style you are playing.