Creative alternative to playing with backing tracks

• I found a great alternative to playing along to locked backing tracks. It allows me not only to play, but compose the song as well by creating a sequence of chord changes. The newest version of this software (Band in a Box) uses live musicians "Real Tracks" in an amazing way to bring my songs to life. And the 2014 version finally has a new interface.

I have used Band in a Box when all it did was midi. Its so much better now that it uses live performance wave files that conform to your song structure. Its like being in a band, but the other guys never show up stoned :)

Here a blues shuffle I did with an older version of the program. Really looking forward to composing new stuff which I create in BIAB then edit in Logic Pro X .Thats also where I track in the Kemper guitar stuff with SPDIF.

https://soundcloud.com/rockguitarzan/scruffia

Edited 2 times, last by lasvideo ().

• You're still talking about Band-In-A-Box, just the newest version ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Yes, BIAB is great - I use it for all my backing tracks.(Marked with Band)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• The 2014 Mac version should be released soon (I hope).

Bad days for Mac-users, seems like Windows-versions are coming more and more first and Mac-users have to wait (BIAB, Rig Manager...). I don't really understand it, I don't know one musician, who is working with Windows ?(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Well BIAB has been on the PC for MANY years... so Macs were late for the party. I've got both versions, started on the PC four years ago and switched to Mac about two years ago...use it all the time for setting up arrangements for the band members to get a basic idea of the musical concept and setting up percussion click tracks.. especially dig the real tracks. and I jam with it a lot... it's cool to be able to change the style and get something totally different with the progression..

Gettin' funky up in here..

• iRealB is a Midi toy - like BIAB was years ago.

The real drums and instruments played by real musicians with real instruments in BIAB are another level.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de