FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper

• I have setup my FCB1010 with an Uno4Kemper chip and have my performances working with it well.

The problem I am having is that the volume control essentially goes from off to fully on in only the last 1/4th of the foot travel on the top end.

I have calibrated the FCB1010 twice, and tried adjusting the curve of the volume pedal (linear vs exponential). I have also played with the Kemper side .... which worked, except it made it so the sound never completely goes away ...... which would be fine except it eliminates my remote tuner capability!

Any thoughts?

• Do you have the latest version of the UnO4Kemper chip? If so, you might want to experiment with the different modes that the volume and wah pedals can have for taper (linear/log).

• Do you have the latest version of the UnO4Kemper chip? If so, you might want to experiment with the different modes that the volume and wah pedals can have for taper (linear/log).

Yea, I tried both ends of the spectrum and neither one really fixed the problem.

I was thinking about making the range not go all the way to off and then finding a way to map my tuner to a foot switch option. I thought I remembered reading something about this.

• I was thinking about making the range not go all the way to off and then finding a way to map my tuner to a foot switch option. I thought I remembered reading something about this.

If you limit Pedal Range on page 3 of the Rig Menu to -4.9 and lock it there, the volume pedal won't trigger Tuner anymore. You can assign tuner activation to any of the instant access buttons of Uno4Kemper.

• Yea, I tried both ends of the spectrum and neither one really fixed the problem.

I had to adjust the red LED which is part of the optoelectric module inside the FCB1010 which is reading the position of the printed foil attached to the pedal in order to spread the value scale across the complete mechanical pedal range. Since then it's working reasonably.

• If you limit Pedal Range on page 3 of the Rig Menu to -4.9 and lock it there, the volume pedal won't trigger Tuner anymore. You can assign tuner activation to any of the instant access buttons of Uno4Kemper.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I remember the cal routine showing output MIDI ranging from 06 to F7. Not complete, but not that bad either (only missing 14 out of the 255 full range.

I will look into locking the tuner to one of the instant access buttons, then I can limit the pedal range in the KPA so that I have more fine control (that did work when I tried it. I simply lost my ability to get to my tuner).

Thanks!