Using just one footswitch in Performance mode LIVE?

• As anybody ever tried to use just one forward footswitch in Performance mode live? After all isn't it the purpose of this feature, placing the rigs in the order you will play them in a song then just switch thru them with one footswitch?

I will try it in rehearsal and let you know what I think, but if someone already tried it I'd like to know what are the advantages and possible issues!

Edited once, last by Pick909 ().

• If you only need to use each patch once, sure. Otherwise you'll have to copy the same tone into multiple slots so that you can step forward and go Rhythm, Clean, Lead, Rhythm Again, Clean Again, etc.

..and in that case you must make sure not to make any mistake in pressing the footswitch, since there is no way of going back unless the Kemper is in your reach.

• ..and in that case you must make sure not to make any mistake in pressing the footswitch, since there is no way of going back unless the Kemper is in your reach.

In fact I have a second footswitch (on the upper side of my pedalboard) to go backward. What I noticed until now, using this method, is that the worse that could happen is to miss the switch so you just have to push it again. You can't click the wrong switch because you push always the same. Pretty easy!

Yes Lokasenna I use a sequence of rigs thru the song but what is interesting is that with the footswitch you can use more than one performance in a row without any problem.

• My last trip to LA I took an FS-6, 2 switches on one pedal, which allowed me to go forward and backwards in Performance mode.. I only used a few performances, each with 5 slots.. worked just fine and didn't take up any space..

Gettin' funky up in here..

• A double switch like BOSS FS-6 can step upwards and downwards through all enabled slots in Performance Mode and all Risg in Browse Mode. You just need to directly connect using a stereo-cable to one of the two pedal connectors in the backplate and set its function to 'Rig Up/Down' on page 4 of the System Menu. If you connect a single momentary switch like Boss FS-5U using a mono cable, you could just step upwards. Not sure, that's very practical ....

• A double switch like BOSS FS-6 can step upwards and downwards through all enabled slots in Performance Mode and all Risg in Browse Mode. You just need to directly connect using a stereo-cable to one of the two pedal connectors in the backplate and set its function to 'Rig Up/Down' on page 4 of the System Menu. If you connect a single momentary switch like Boss FS-5U using a mono cable, you could just step upwards. Not sure, that's very practical ....

yup... thats the point! :thumbup:

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Any momentary switch will work with one step. Latched switches work too but, as viabcroce said, you will have to step twice for each rig change.

With the performance mode it's great! So easy to carry and fast to install at gigs!