Strange 2.40 Issue - do you have this problem?

• I have this issue in the new firmware update:

- When in Performance mode, the displayed amp or rig name (which now
    appears under the Performance name) is incorrect. It's like it's stuck
    on a previous name. This is not related to the slot name. I'm guessing it should either display either the Rig preset name or amp name, yet this is currently doing neither.

The name that it's stuck on appears to be the name of the amp that was
    "locked" in the performance previously. I accidentally locked the amp in
    along with the cabinet by mistake. I figured out that my tone was
    sounding curiously similar between performances and realized my error. I
    turned that lock off, but left the lock on for the cabinet.

This seems to have jacked something up in the profiler.

I've tried re-selecting the new amp again in the performance, and this has not fixed the issue. Not sure what to do.

Anyone else have a similar problem

• But its a scary trade off. Especially if bug influences your profiles.

I wouldn't exactly call it scary. 8) Anyway, if you like the sound of 2.4 BETA, just keep on using it. Wait for 2.4 RELEASE (will probably not be long) and see if that incorrect naming is still there. Until then, it's not such a big issue, I'd say.
    If it is (a big issue) to you, go back to 2.3.3. How to use RM with 2.3.3 has been explained somewhere before.
    solution

• When you select the rig you want for the slot, go to arrange slot, then rename, then select use rig name.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• ^ This.

This is not a bug. When you select a profile for a slot for the first time, the slot is renamed automatically.
    When you change the profile in the slot the name stays until you rename it manually.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Absolutely not a big deal, and faraway from scary 8o ;)

You just go back one step, to 2.3 and wait for CK and team to fix it , they always do it :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Absolutely not a big deal, and faraway from scary 8o ;)

You just go back one step, to 2.3 and wait for CK and team to fix it , they always do it :thumbup:

Absolutely not a big deal, and faraway from scary 8o ;)

Actually, I have to disagree. Not scary, but also not a helpful feature if the slot name isn't displayed correctly. If I'm using it as a reference, it needs to match 'something' - and if not, allow for easy editing. I rely on this name in performance mode to be informative.

Is the purpose of this display name to show me the rig name used for the slot? If so, the name gets set once, but then ceases to be accurate again until I follow the steps to rename the slot - which is not always what I want to do. This feature seems poorly implemented in contrast to how well engineered the rest of the system is.

Just seems superfluous and hinky.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help! :thumbup: