New firmware released - 2.4.1 beta / 2.4.2 beta

• I have notice the phasing sound as well as the muddier sounds and changed between browse and performance. There's a discussion I started in the trouble shooting section.

• Sorry for the misleading, thought I read it somewhere here. But: I downgraded from 2.40 to 2.3.3, put 2.3.3 in the root directory and it worked too.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I think that few of us who use Kemper to play guitar through it, and thus interested in KPA sound more than in computer tricks , may want to open a new thread. :whistling:
    There we can talk about how to get the best sound out of Kemper , and problems with the sound coming with new updates.

What do you think?

I have notice the phasing sound as well as the muddier sounds and changed between browse and performance. There's a discussion I started in the trouble shooting section.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I tried 2.41 then returned to 2.33. I had some strange noises on some rigs (I don't know if I can call them phasing or else...) and this hapenned especially in performance mode. Also the tone of some rigs were different in performance mode then when used in browser mode (more muffled?...).

I have some gigs soon so I don't have much time to elaborate, experiment or making comparative sound clips etc. Sorry about that. I just returned to 2.33 and I'm happy! Apart from the fact I can't use RM of course.

For the moment I can't say if it's my unit issue or the 2.41 firmware but it still works as usual in 2.33.

• yup... I'm starting to feel the need to go back to 2.3.3 for a short bit... until the next beta with resolved issues.. I purchased TAF bundles and started tweaking... but now I'm thinking about leaving them be until I go back.. man..

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Wouldn't exactly call it phasing or flanger, it is obviously oscillation, which is very common in tube amps, this is actually something that could be very annoying when profiling amps because most of the time it is ultra-sonic and not hear-able. I think I might go back to 2.3.3 myself. Kemper should roll back to that firmware with RM because it is obviously what their users want. Improved parameters in cab section should be brought back to the drawing table again.

• So, I wasn't going bananas during my recording session last week? I heard the phasing/flanging sound in browse mode on a lot of my profiles through my CLR cab but not on the main outs apparently! I was on the "official" 2.4...I guess I'll be going back to 2.3....highly unsettling.
    :(

• I always play my Kemper Power Head through a real guitar cab and with 2.4.1 I also noticed a oscillating sound on some profiles. But I also noticed that the other profles sound better than they ever did! To me they sound more alive, more thump, oomph or whatever you want to call it. I wil keep 2.4.1 :)

• I had some extra time today to play with all 3 of them -2.3 official release, 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 .
    So, I find very nasty thing , regarding Cab Shift tweaking .
    Do not try this at home, you can be surprised 8o
    Just joking, please try this and tell me what did you find.

So, 2.3.3 and all previous OS are very clear regarding cab shift tweaking .
    high and low shift is on Zero by default .
    Turn left for 0 to -5 and turn right for 0 to + 5 , easy as is.
    2.3.3. react logically -increasing low shift from 0 to +5 gives you more bass , simple Fender amp can become nasty Mesa :P (ok not exactly but close)
    Turning left , from 0 to minus 5 you'll stay out without bass , sound becomes lifeless and flat .
    OK, this a bugger -try the same thing in 2.4.1 and tell me do you get the same tone shift ???

I do not think so, on my Kemper- turning right ,from 0 to plus 5 sound becomes bass-less , flat and dry !!!???
    Turn left , from 0 to minus 5 sound becomes bassy, but definitely muddy and lifeless again .

It seems something is wrong here, or at least upside down ??

I do not have flanger effect , but something similar to famous alaising (? spelling) ,or when Soft Shaper is engaged with lots of highs ???

However , it becomes interesting to be Beta Tester , we are all Beta Testers , and this is how this issue have to be considered .

I hope Kemper Team will come up with solution and bring back natural ,organic Kemper sound .

After all, this is what differs Kemper from other digital ,lifeless devices .

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• Well, it should work the other way around and i think the problem is with your speakers.

IIRC, low shift is supposed to shift the resonant frequency downwards, as if the cab was bigger, so putting low shift on +0.5 should combo-ize your speakers.
    If your speakers aren't very apt with low frequencies, this may bring the resonant frequency up to where they can produce it and you'd get more lows - but that's not the point.

In 2.4.0 the high and low shifts work much, much better than they ever did, IMO.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Well, it should work the other way around and i think the problem is with your speakers.

In 2.4.0 the high and low shifts work much, much better than they ever did, IMO.

1. if the problem is in speakers, than why with 2.3.3 is everything all right -using the same speakers (QSCs 10') ?
    2. I was talking about 2.4.1 ....2.4.0 seems to be all right

• Hey Guys,

I have a very similar issue.

1. 2.41 - I have noticed a swirling type of sound, like the flanger is on.
    Now I have only gone through my Fav rigs, I only noticed it on 2 or 3 Rigs
    I could be phasing issues where someone used 2 mics.

2. All my cabs are set to zero, now some now are plus or minus Bass and treble.

So there looks to be something happening here.

Gezza.

• Do the rigs with the "swirling" happen to have delay enabled? If so, check the delay's Modulation parameter and see if it's on.