New firmware released - 2.4.1 beta / 2.4.2 beta

• 1. if the problem is in speakers, than why with 2.3.3 is everything all right -using the same speakers (QSCs 10') ?
    2. I was talking about 2.4.1 ....2.4.0 seems to be all right

The problem doesn't necessarily recur on 2.3.3 because the cab parameters behave differently. With 2.4.x, it's possible that the resonant frequency dips below what your monitors produce (and you perceive).
    But you are correct, i haven't tried 2.4.1 yet.

Can anyone get a recording of that modulation?
    Maybe it's coming only from the monitor out?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

Edited once, last by Quitty ().

• 2.4.1 has been an issue for my Kemper unit. I found that I was getting flanging and dropouts on many different profiles. These issues were happening through the power amp but not through the headphones.

I went back to the 2.4.0 beta and all sounds perfect again without issues.

I'll wait for an official release. Good thing is that this unit has the ability to go back to what is working for you.

• OK, lets forget on 2.4.1
    2.4.2 is here will try it this afternoon ! :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Did you try to Set the Main Out to Mono? Any audible changes (except that the Signal is not Stereo anymore)

Main out into a board or headphones wasn't the issue. That works fine. It was through the power amp.

I actually love the tone from 2.4.0 through a regular guitar cabinet.

Leaving it for now until an official release comes out.

• I tried 2.4.2 for 10-15 minutes 8o
    The same story regarding cab low shift - it simply doesn't work !
    Everything the same as in 2.4.1 , as I explained in previous post.

Please bring us back that low frequency bass bug from 2.4.0 or earlier OS , 2.4. 1 and 2.4.2 doesn't have bass I use to have !
    It seems you killed not only bass bug, but bass in total :thumbdown: 8o :thumbup:

• What do you mean switching is buggy. Can you elaborate?

I guess that's directed at me. With 2.4.1 I found switching between profiles I had to press the rig navigation buttons (left, right, up down) more than once to switch the first time, and even then there would be a delay switching, this wasn't the case with 2.3.3 ( edit whoops I said 2.4.2 but mistake! )

I'm done with betas, I'm a software dev myself, I should know better ;)

edit: I also had a recording with 2.3.3 that sounded different, not much, but was apparent with A/Bing, been doing a lot of that lately with the rest of the chain for desktop HIFI system, on an unrelated note I think I bought into some snake oil with up sampling media players :P

Edited once, last by mody ().

• timo This post by "Peto" (Today, 11:14am) has been deleted by user "timo" (Today, 11:40am) with the following reason: double post

timo was this really necessary? To which post it was double? ?(
    I only copied official release notes with date of release, so everybody in this thread would know what is new in 2.4.2.
    I did the same as in post#3.

Does anybody know what does this fix mean? - fixed: avoiding potential 'data abort'

• Now you managed to pissed me off.

Five things :

1. WTF and who is timo ???? Axe like administrator ??? Kemperian Scott Petterson ????

2. Before you announce new OS -PLEASE PLUG YOUR GUITAR AND PLAY FOR A WHILE !!!!Then announce , for the God sake.

3. Once you are happy, make a record , compare it with previous version , prove to all of us there is no change in sound and only than announce new OS for download .

4. No one asking you to do that every week, so do not announce wrong OS full of bugs which completely change 700 of my heavily tweaked rigs and destroy months and months of my work .

5. We are not stupid , at least not everyone. Me personally would be happy wit 1.8 version + performance mode. At least I will have brilliantly and ultimate valve sound , and you will not need to work heavily on new updates , bringing faster boot time which kills the sound, but makes happy guys who prefer to play computers instead to play guitar and valve amp sound coming from old Kemper updates .

Thanks
    Zoran

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• Im at 2.4.1 only so I can use the RM. A confluence of factors have affected my confidence in these upgrades. No more betas for me either. Even final releases will not be installed immediately.

• I moved mine back to 4.2.0 beta and the beautiful tone through my 4x12 is back and the bass dropoff and flanging (aliasing?) has gone.
    Leaving it at this point until the next release. Why change it when it is working fine.

:)

• I moved mine back to 4.2.0 beta and the beautiful tone through my 4x12 is back and the bass dropoff and flanging (aliasing?) has gone.
    Leaving it at this point until the next release. Why change it when it is working fine.

think I'm gonna take his advice! :D

Gettin' funky up in here..

• timo was this really necessary? To which post it was double?

To see the current releases/public betas watch the official announcement thread. Just copying to information to a different, already pretty cluttered thread is useless.

• I post under a different heading

Here is a strange wobbling, screeching noise I get from 2.41

I have never heard any noises like this, until I starting using 2.41.
    Just grabbed my Iphone to record.
    Please keep in mind it only does it on about 5 or so rigs, but I have never heard this sound before.
    I went through most of my Fav Rigs, this noise came from using Splawn Pro Mod OD2 Rig.

I starting changing Cabs - This is what I got when I starting adjusting Cab Character

https://soundcloud.com/gezza49…y-2014-kemper-weird-noise

Now about to try 2.42.

Gezza

• I don't get it guys. 2.4.2 sounds fine to me. I started recording lead for a new tune with 2.3.3. I upgraded to 2.4.2 and recorded some more of the same lead...It sounds great as usual!